Ground Beef Stir Fry
This ground beef stir fry is a very quick and easy dish that is perfect for weeknight dinners. It has a ton of flavor, is very healthy and can easily be prepared in advance for meal prepping lunch or dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into slices
- ½ zucchini halves and cut into slices
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce alternatives: tamari or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup sake
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Cornstarch Slurry (optional)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoon water
Prepare the stir fry ingredients by washing and chopping them.
Make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a bowl or jar and mixing them. Set the sauce aside.
Preheat a pan with the avocado oil over medium-high heat. First, sauté the garlic, ginger and ground beef until it has browned. Then, add the vegetables and sauté until they start to soften. When the vegetables have softened, add the sauce to the pan, mix everything and sauté a bit more until the vegetables have the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: If you prefer a thicker sauce, make the cornstarch slurry and slowly add it to the stir fry until the sauce has the preferred consistency.
- Serve the ground beef stir fry with cauliflower rice, white rice or noodles.
- Use coconut aminos for a gluten free and soy free version or use tamari for a gluten free version.
- Feel free to add red pepper flakes or a chile pepper for a spicier version.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3528IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3mg