Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
This beet and goat cheese salad is a very quick and healthy dish that is perfect for lunch and dinner. The combination of beetroot, goat cheese, walnuts and a sweet balsamic vinaigrette give this salad loads of flavor and makes it a tasty and easy meal that can be served as a side dish, starter or a full meal.
Servings: 2 servings (main dish)
- 4 handfuls leafy greens e.g. baby spinach or arugula
- 1 beet medium-sized and cooked, cut into slices or dices
- 1 oz goat cheese or more to taste
- 3 tablespoon walnuts chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ - 1 tablespoon maple syrup alternative: honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Wash the leafy greens. Cut the beet and chop the walnuts.
Prepare the balsamic dressing by adding all ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mixing them.
Add the greens to a bowl, add some of the dressing and toss everything to coat the greens with the dressing. Save some of the dressing if you want to drizzle it on top of the salad.
Add the leafy greens to plates and top with the beet, goat cheese, walnuts and more salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with more of the dressing if you want to. Enjoy!
- I often use pre-cooked beets, but you could cook the beets yourself. Just cook the beets in a pot filled with water for around 40 minutes. Add some salt to the water a few minutes before you take out the beets. Then, peel the beets and cut them. Extra tip: wear gloves when peeling and cutting the beets as they can easily stain your hands!
- If you want to serve this salad as a side or starter, use less servings than stated in the recipe.
- I recommend serving bread if you want to enjoy this salad as a main dish.
Serving: 1serving (main dish) | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1055IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg