Chopped Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
This chopped Thai chicken salad with peanut dressing is a quick and delicious salad that is perfect for all peanut butter lovers! It has tons of flavor and is made with nutritious ingredients, which makes this recipe great for preparing a healthy lunch or dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 6 cups green cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks or spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin slices
- ½ cup green onion sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Thai Peanut Dressing Ingredients
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey or another sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- water to thin the sauce
Add water to a pot and bring it to a boil. Add the chicken breast to the pot, reduce the heat, cover the pot and let the chicken simmer for 20-25 minutes, until it is cooked through. Then, take the chicken out of the pot and shred it with two forks.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad ingredients and the Thai peanut dressing. Simply chop the salad ingredients and add them to a large bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and add water to thin the dressing until it has reached the desired consistency.
Add the shredded chicken and peanut dressing to the salad ingredients. Toss everything, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
- To get the right texture, you'll need to use finely shredded cabbage. You can either shred the cabbage using a mandolin or buy pre-cut cabbage. I used a mix of green and red pre-cut cabbage.
- The amount of water you should use to thin the dressing depends on the peanut butter you have. I used 6 tablespoon of water to thin the peanut dressing. Just make sure you don't add too much water at once.
- You can make a spicy version of this salad by adding thinly sliced chile pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- If you prefer a sweet version with fruit, feel free to add apple dices, mango, or papaya.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 1129mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 6369IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg