Vegan Fried Rice
This vegan fried rice recipe is perfect for transforming leftover rice into a delicious meal! It is super flavorful, healthy, and very easy to make.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ yellow onion finely diced
- 1 carrot diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice cooled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce alternatives: tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2 spring onions sliced
Preheat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and onion until the onion is translucent.
Add the carrot and red bell pepper to the pan. Sauté until they start to soften.
Next, add the cooked rice and frozen peas. Stir everything. Then add the soy sauce, sriracha, and black pepper. Toss until everything is covered with the sauce.
Stir in the spring onion and serve.
- Gluten-free: Use tamari or coconut aminos to make this dish gluten-free.
- Add protein: I love to add tofu to this fried rice. Simply sear the tofu in a pan until golden and add it to the fried rice.
- Make it spicy: If you love spicy foods, add a chile pepper! I love to make this fried rice a bit spicier to give it more flavor.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1710mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6574IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg