Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Teriyaki chicken wings combine crispy baked chicken wings with a sweet and sticky teriyaki glaze that tastes absolutely amazing! Plus, they are super simple to make.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound chicken wings patted dry
- 1 teaspoon baking powder aluminum-free
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce alternatives: low sodium tamari (gluten-free) or coconut aminos (gluten-free and soy-free)
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons honey
- cornstarch slurry as needed
Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Add the chicken wing ingredients to a bowl. Toss until everything is well combined. Then bake the chicken wings for 25-30 minutes until they are crispy.
Next, add the teriyaki sauce ingredients to a pan and stir until they are combined.
Bring the sauce to a very gentle simmer, add some cornstarch slurry and let everything simmer until the sauce has thickened.
Transfer the chicken wings to the pan and toss until they are coated with teriyaki glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and enjoy!
- Cornstarch slurry: For the cornstarch slurry, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Garnish: I love to add some sesame seeds, but this is absolutely optional!
- Sauce consistency: If the sauce should become too thick, you can add some water to thin it.
- Low-medium heat: Don't try to make the sauce using high heat as it will most likely burn. Stick to low-medium heat cooking for this recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg