Sumac onions are a classic part of many Middle Eastern salads and dishes. They are tangy, flavorful, and super simple to make!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Course: Salad, Side Dish
Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Keyword: sumac onions
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium-sized red onions peeled, halved, and cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes recommended: aleppo pepper/pul biber
- 1 ½ tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- Depending on your preferences and how you want to serve the sumac onions, you can use lemon juice instead of pomegranate molasses. Or simply serve your meal with a lemon wedge.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg