If you are looking for the best guacamole recipe, then you have come to the right place! This easy guacamole is THE BEST! Like seriously. This is a recipe that I love to make as a snack with tortilla chips and it sooo delicious. My family and friends love it and I am quite sure that you will love it, too!
Ingredients for the guacamole
To make this guacamole recipe, you only need these six ingredients:
The ingredients are very basic, but when combined they give this guacamole a tangy, spicy and fresh taste. If you love dips that are packed with flavor, then you will definitely be happy with this recipe!
When is an avocado ripe?
Testing avocados to find a ripe one is actually super easy! Simply take it in your hand and press it lightly. If it has a little give, it is perfect. If it feels too soft, then it might already be overripe.
Storing avocados to keep them fresh
Sometimes, you just don’t find the time to immediately use the avocados you have bought. The sad part about it is that they quickly turn bad. Luckily, there is a way to keep them fresh a lot longer. Just put your ripe avocados in the refrigerator! This keeps them fresh until you find the time to use them (and hopefully make tasty guacamole). You won’t ever waste an avocado again!
How to make the best guacamole
Soooo, it is time to make some guacamole! Making it is super easy and takes only ten minutes! All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the ingredients (except for the avocado) by chopping them and juicing the lime.
- Mash the avocados in a bowl.
- Add the other chopped ingredients to the bowl and mix everything. Add salt and pepper to taste.
And you are ready to enjoy the best guacamole! This is all it takes to make a healthy and incredibly tasty delicious avocado dip! Easy, right?
As with most recipes, there is a lot of room to modify this guacamole recipe. I found that most people love the recipe as it is, but if you have any special wishes, you can absolutely change the recipe to serve your needs! Here are a few suggestions:
- Skip the cilantro. If you are one of the people that unfortunately taste soap when they are eating cilantro, then you can totally skip it. You can also skip it if you simply don’t like it. This guacamole will still taste super delish!
- Add more jalapeños or substitute with serrano peppers. You can add more jalapeños or use serrano peppers if you want to make this guacamole a bit spicier. Whenever I make this recipe only for myself, I love to use serrano peppers. Just pick what you like most.
- Add more garlic. If you are a garlic lover, then feel free to add more garlic. The amount of garlic in the recipe should be perfect for anyone who likes a bit of garlic, but doesn’t want it to be too present.
Ways to serve guacamole
There are lots of different ways you can serve this guacamole. Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Serve with tortilla chips. If you have seen my easy pico de gallo recipe, then you know that I love snacking things with tortilla chips. And guacamole and tortilla chips totally are a match made in heaven! So stock up on tortilla chips and serve them with the best guacamole ever.
- Add to tacos and burritos. All taco lovers out there will agree with me that every taco needs a guacamole. This guacamole is packed with flavor and will enhance the taste of your favorite tacos and burritos.
- Add to taco bowls and salads. If you prefer to eat your taco in a bowl or as a salad, then you can totally add this guacamole as a topping. It tastes great and adds healthy fats that make your bowl or salad a lot more satiating.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #bitesofberi on Instagram.
- 3 avocados
- ½ red onion or white onion
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the onion and jalapeño into small cubes. Mince the garlic. Chop the cilantro and juice the lime.
- Mash the avocados in a bowl using a fork.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is combined. Enjoy!