These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies ever! They have perfectly golden edges, a soft and chewy center, and just the right amount of chocolate chips.
If you are looking for a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe, you have to try these almond flour chocolate chip cookies! They are sweet, chewy, filled with delicious chocolate, and they have the most amazing nutty flavor. These cookies will disappear in seconds!
Is almond flour healthy?
Yes, almond flour is very healthy! As it is made from ground almonds, it is rich in important vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E and magnesium. It also has a great amount of fiber and healthy fats.
Additionally, it is gluten-free which makes it a great flour alternative for anyone sensitive to gluten.
Just keep in mind that I used quite a bit of butter and sugar to make these almond flour chocolate chip cookies. I just found them a lot more delicious this way. And since they are meant to be a delicious sweet treat, I decided to go for the recipe version that tastes the best!
Difference between almond flour and almond meal
Almond flour and almond meal are both made from ground almonds. The only difference is that almond flour is made from blanched almonds, while almond meal is made from almonds that still have their skin on.
This leads to both having a different taste and texture. Almond flour is usually finer and has a less nutty flavor than almond meal.
Both can often be used interchangeably in recipes, but here I recommend using finely ground almond flour to make almond flour chocolate chip cookies. It’s just perfect for making almond chocolate chip cookies that have a fine texture and a mild nutty flavor.
To make these almond flour chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Almond flour: Use regular almond flour to make these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. You should be able to find it in large supermarkets or online.
- Chocolate chips: I usually add dark chocolate chips, but if you prefer milk chocolate chips feel free to use it!
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar is used to sweeten the cookies. Please don’t substitute with liquid sweeteners as they change the texture of the dough and the recipe might not work well.
- Butter: I rarely use butter in my recipes, but it is an absolute must in this almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe! It makes the cookies very soft and chewy and adds that delicious buttery flavor. So definitely use it!
- Baking soda: Regular baking soda is used to make the cookies rise.
- Salt: I love to add a small amount of salt to these chocolate chip cookies as it goes really well with the sweetness of the sugar and chocolate.
- Egg: You can use medium-sized or large eggs for making these cookies.
- Vanilla extract: Another great ingredient for making delicious cookies is vanilla extract, so don’t forget to add it!
How to make almond flour chocolate chip cookies
Baking almond flour chocolate chip cookies is super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients: In another bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Combine and add chocolate chips: Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the cookies: Roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten them and add extra chocolate chips.
- Bake: Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C) until the edges are slightly golden. Let them cool and enjoy!
Here are some quick tips to ensure that your cookies turn out perfectly the first time you make them.
- Check on the cookies while they are in the oven. The baking time for the cookies might vary depending on various factors, which means that your cookies might be ready after 8 minutes. Those 2 extra minutes can make them go from soft and chewy to crispy, so keep an eye on them and remove from the oven when the edges are slightly golden.
- Flatten the cookies with your finger before you bake them. These almond flour chocolate chip cookies don’t spread in the oven, so it’s very important to flatten them before you place them in the oven.
- Enjoy the cookies while they are still warm. The cookies taste best when they are still a little warm. So let them cool until they are firm enough and enjoy them with a delicious glass of cashew milk. You won’t regret it!
These almond flour chocolate chip cookies can be stored in different ways so you can always enjoy them. Here is how you do it:
- Room temperature: You can store the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week. Just make sure the cookies have cooled completely before you store them.
- Refrigerator: Another option is storing them in the refrigerator for up to one week in a container.
- Freezer: If you want to store the cookies for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Just take them out of the freezer and let them come to room temperature before enjoying them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, almond flour is gluten-free! It is made from blanched almonds that are ground into fine flour which makes it perfect for baking gluten-free cookies, muffins, and cakes.
Yes, you can use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar. I just find brown sugar more accessible, which is why I use it in my recipes. But coconut sugar works just as great!
I recommend sticking to almond flour since all types of flour act very differently in recipes. This chocolate chip recipe might not work if you use coconut flour or regular flour instead of almond flour. It’s best to find a recipe that was tested with the kind of flour you want to use for baking.
More easy and delicious dessert recipes
If you love sweet and delicious desserts, you might want to check out one of the following recipes. They are all super easy and taste amazing!
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Double Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then flatten them as they don't spread while baking and add a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for around 10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden. Let the cookies cool and enjoy!
- Baking time: Since the baking time might vary, I recommend keeping an eye on the cookies. They might only need 8 or 9 minutes in your oven. Just check on them and remove them from the oven when the edges are slightly golden.