This chocolate chia seed pudding is a delicious and healthy alternative to regular chocolate pudding that tastes just as amazing as the classic version! It is sweet, super chocolatey, and incredibly easy to make. So if you love healthy and chocolatey desserts, then this recipe is an absolute must-make!
Chocolate pudding recipes are one of my favorite types of dessert recipes! There simply is something magical about serving a creamy chocolate pudding with super fresh and sweet strawberries or raspberries. I usually make my favorite chocolate avocado pudding or this chocolate chia seed pudding as they are super delicious and a lot healthier than classic chocolate pudding versions!
The great thing about this chocolate chia pudding is that you only need five basic ingredients that are absolute pantry staples. I highly recommend keeping these ingredients on hand so you can always whip up this fantastic chocolate dessert! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Cacao powder: I recommend using raw cacao powder to make this healthy chocolate pudding. It is minimally processed and tastes great!
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are the secret ingredient that makes this chocolate chia seed pudding thick and creamy. Plus, they are an amazing source of fiber which makes them an incredibly healthy addition to your dessert!
- Plant-based milk: You can use your favorite type of vegan milk. I love to use cashew milk or almond milk for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Since cacao is naturally bitter, you’ll definitely need a sweetener. I love and recommend using maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract: You only need a little bit of vanilla extract to give this chocolate chia seed pudding more flavor. I recommend keeping vanilla extract in your pantry as it can be used in so many different recipes, I absolutely love it!
How to make this chocolate chia seed pudding
Making this chocolate chia seed pudding is super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Mix: Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix them using a whisk.
- Chill: Cover the bowl and store the chocolate chia pudding in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve: Take the chocolate chia pudding out of the refrigerator, stir again and serve in small bowls with your favorite toppings.
The chocolate chia pudding tastes great as it is, but adding delicious toppings makes it even better! Here are my favorites that I definitely recommend trying out:
- Fruits: I love berries as a topping for chocolate pudding! They just elevate the taste of this healthy chocolate pudding and take it to another level. My favorites are strawberries and raspberries. But feel free to add any other fruit you love, there are lots of amazing combinations!
- Nuts: Nuts are great for adding a bit of crunch and texture to the pudding. Just use the type of nut you love most!
- Chocolate: I know, this is a chocolate pudding. So there already is quite a bit of chocolate involved in this recipe. But if you love chocolate, then why not add more of it on top? I am a huge fan of using chocolate chunks, shaved chocolate, or cacao nibs as toppings for this chocolate pudding. They all have different textures and tastes, so go for the one you like most.
- Greek Yogurt: If you love yogurt, then feel free to add greek yogurt to this chocolate chia seed pudding. It tastes great and adds more protein to your dessert.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can store it for up to 5 days in your refrigerator. So if you love having a snack during the day, make several servings of this healthy chocolate pudding and keep them in your refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
More delicious and sweet recipes
If you have a sweet tooth like me, then you should check out the following recipes. They are all super easy to make, taste super delish, and are actually healthy!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until they are combined.
- Cover the bowl and store it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Take the chia seed pudding out of the refrigerator, stir again and then serve with your favorite toppings.
- Toppings: I recommend adding toppings to the chocolate chia seed pudding. I love fruits, nuts, chocolate, and greek yogurt.
Leave a Reply