This honey sriracha salmon recipe is perfect for transforming plain pan-seared salmon into a flavorful and delicious dish. The recipe combines juicy salmon with a spicy honey sriracha glaze which pairs perfectly with fluffy rice and fresh vegetables!
Pan-seared salmon is one of my favorites for dinner. It is super easy to make, goes well with so many different side dishes, and is very healthy. I often just sear salmon in a pan and focus on making a flavorful side dish like this pesto spaghetti salad.
But sometimes I want to focus on the salmon and make it super tasty. And that’s when I will go back to this honey sriracha salmon recipe! As the honey sriracha glaze is loaded with flavor, you’ll only need simple sides like rice and steamed or roasted vegetables to make a delicious and healthy meal!
To make honey sriracha salmon, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Salmon fillets: I recommend using a type of wild-caught salmon. Use either fresh or frozen salmon fillets.
- Honey: Honey is one of the key ingredients in this recipe. It is perfect for making a sweet glaze for the salmon!
- Sriracha: Sriracha is another super important ingredient in this recipe. It has lots of flavor and gives the sauce a spicy flavor.
- Garlic: I also recommend adding garlic. It is a must in all Asian-inspired recipes, so definitely add plenty of garlic.
- Lime juice: Lime juice adds some brightness to the sauce.
- Butter and olive oil: These two ingredients taste great and are probably already in your kitchen, so definitely use them!
- Soy sauce: You cannot make a honey sriracha glaze without soy sauce. It adds umami to your dish which gives it the rich and savory taste we all love.
How to make honey sriracha salmon
I promise you, this recipe is super easy and simple! Just follow these steps:
- Mix the sauce ingredients: Make the sauce for the salmon by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sear the salmon: Preheat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, then sear them for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Let the sauce simmer: Now add the sauce to the pan and let it simmer over low heat.
- Coat the salmon: Add back the salmon fillets and cover them with the sauce. Enjoy!
There are a few simple things you should keep in mind when you are preparing the honey sriracha salmon so it turns out perfectly the first time you make it.
- Don’t cook salmon straight out of the refrigerator: Always let the salmon sit for 15-20 minutes at room temperature before you cook it. This allows the salmon to cook evenly which is important for making moist and juicy salmon.
- Pat the salmon dry: Whenever you want to sear salmon fillets in a pan, make sure you pat them dry with paper towels after rinsing them so they get that golden crust when you sear them.
- Preheat the pan: I know that feeling of not wanting to wait until the pan is hot enough. But you should always wait until the oil in the pan is hot. It makes the salmon cook evenly.
- Don’t overcook: Salmon usually needs 4-5 minutes per side until it is cooked through. If you have thicker salmon fillets, sear it for a few extra minutes. When the salmon easily flakes, it is done.
Serving honey sriracha salmon
This dish can be served with lots of different side dishes. Here are some ideas on how to serve it:
- Rice: I love combining fluffy basmati rice and flavorful salmon. It tastes great and is super easy to prepare.
- Vegetables: Definitely add some vegetables to make this a delicious and healthy meal. I love to serve sautéed asparagus, steamed broccoli, sautéed spinach, and mushrooms. But feel free to roast, sauté or steam any type of vegetable you love!
- Mashed potatoes: I don’t have mashed potatoes very often but when I do, I love to combine them with this honey sriracha salmon and sautéed spinach. This combination is pure culinary magic!
More delicious salmon recipes
If you love to cook with salmon, then definitely check out the following recipes. They are all super delicious and very easy to make!
Honey Sriracha Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or vegetable oil
Honey Sriracha Glaze
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon water
- Make the sauce for the salmon by whisking all honey sriracha glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Then, preheat the avocado oil or vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Rinse the salmon fillets, pat them dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, sear the salmon fillets in the pan for 4-5 minutes per side until they are cooked through. Remove the salmon fillets from the pan and set them aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the honey sriracha sauce to the pan. It should start to simmer and thicken. When the sauce has the right consistency, add back the salmon fillets and cover them with the sauce. Enjoy!