This pudding is SO many things: it is creamy, super chocolatey, slightly sweet and HEALTHY! Surprised? I know it looks like regular pudding, but don’t be fooled by the looks of this chocolatey goddess!
Can chocolate pudding be healthy?
This creamy chocolate avocado pudding really consists of only good ingredients: avocado, pure raw cacao powder, your favorite plant milk and maple syrup to add some sweetness to it. These ingredients provide you with so many nutrients compared to regular pudding that usually is full of added sugar and other ingredients that you should avoid. Trust me when I tell you, someone who doesn’t know the ingredient list won’t taste the difference to regular pudding!
I also love that this pudding is actually filling! Who doesn’t know these afternoon cravings for something sweet and tasty. Unfortunately, most snacks leave us either hungry or they even make us want more. Thanks to the avocado (and its high fat content) used in this recipe, you will feel full until your next regular meal. If you want to make this pudding a high protein snack, just add your favorite chocolate protein powder and reduce the amount of cacao powder. It makes the pudding even more satiating as protein is THE macronutrient to make you feel full and satisifed.
How to make chocolate avocado pudding
Did I already mention that the preparation of this creamy chocolate avocado pudding is super simple and quick? All you need is four ingredients, five minutes and a food processor! You simply add all the ingredients to the food processor, press the power button and wait until you are left with a fantastic chocolate pudding that simply tastes amazing. I also recommend cooling it in the refrigerator before serving. It just tastes a lot better when cold!
You can also modify this recipe by using more or less maple syrup than stated in the recipe. I prefer snacks that are less sweet, but since taste differs you can add the maple syrup according to your own preferences. Just make sure that you do not add too much maple syrup if you want this to be a healthy snack.
I also recommend using some toppings for the pudding. It just adds more variety, flavor and texture to it. Things I love are:
- all kinds of berries (especially raspberries and strawberries)
- cacao nibs
- chia seeds
- nuts (who doesn’t love almonds?)
- goji berries
- and any other fruits and toppings you love
How to store avocados
One last extra tip before I let you make this amazing chocolate snack: if you have ripe avocados and don’t want them to turn bad, just put them in the refrigerator! It makes them last a few days longer. You can also put them in there immediately after buying, it slows down the ripening process and makes them last a lot longer. If you want to use them soon, just take them out of the refrigerator again. Say goodbye to wonderful avocados turned brown!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #bitesofberi on Instagram, friends!
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Food processor
- 2 avocados medium sized
- ½ cup pure raw cacao powder heaped cup(s)
- 1 cup plant milk use less for a thicker consistency
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Cut the avocado into large pieces and place them into your food processor. Then add the cacao powder, plant milk and maple syrup.
- Slowly start pulsing with the food processor. Then mix all ingredients using high speed until the pudding is creamy.
- Optional: Let the pudding cool in the refrigerator. Tastes a lot better this way!
- Add your favorite toppings on top of the pudding and enjoy.
- I used almond milk for the recipe. The taste of the pudding varies depending on the milk you use for the recipe.