The weather is slowly warming up and one salad I can’t get enough of is this green potato salad! I love to prepare it for barbecues with friends and family and since so many people always ask me for the recipe: here it is!
Why I love this salad so much you ask? I just can’t get over the combo of lemon, chili flakes and those spring onions! There is nothing I appreciate more in a salad than a little spicy action along with that super yummy lemony taste. It truly is amazing.
And can we also appreciate that this potato salad is a super lightweight compared to other recipes? Yes I know, there is no mayo in this recipe and some of you might miss it. Still, trust me when I tell you that this green potato salad will be a hit on that next barbecue party you go to! It definitely tastes different compared to your typical potato salad, but it is equally great (if not even better!).
How to serve this salad
Since this potato salad is so super light and nutritious, it is also a great option for lunch. It does not leave you with that heavy feeling in your stomach. Instead, you will feel ready to take on the rest of your day feeling super fit. I also love to serve the salad as a side with salmon! Nothing beats the combo of salmon and a lemony salad. I guess these two are just meant to be eaten together then, right? You can also serve any other protein with this salad, feel free to pick whatever you like best.
How to make the potato salad
So how exactly is this potato salad prepared? One word to describe the preparation: E A S Y. It truly is super simple and easy to make this potato salad. All you do is basically cook those potatoes, chop the veggies, mix that dressing and then put them all together in a bowl! All that is left to do then is enjoy your salad.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #bitesofberi on instagram, friends!
Green Potato Salad
- 1.2 lb potatoes
- 3.5 oz baby spinach
- 1.75 oz arugula
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 ¼ cup spring onion
- ½ cup parsley add more according to taste
- 1 ½ lemons medium-sized
- 2 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- Start with boiling water in a pot using high heat. Add the potatoes, close the pot with the lid, reduce to low-medium heat and cook the potatoes for approx. 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut all the ingredients for the salad and put them in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemons. Then prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl.
- The potatoes should be finished by the time you are done chopping your veggies. Let the potatoes cool a bit. Then peel them and cut them into pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Lastly, add the dressing and mix all ingredients. Feel free to use more salt and pepper according to taste.