This arugula salad with lemon dressing is a favorite whenever a quick, delicious and healthy side salad is needed! It has a slightly lemony taste and goes well with a looot of dishes! Its mild flavor makes it a super delicious addition to any meal, while providing important nutrients. I love that this side salad is super quick and easy to make, making it the perfect weeknight dinner side! So, if any of you are looking for a quick, healthy AND incredibly delish side, then definitely try this arugula salad! It is AMAZING.
The reason this recipe is so super quick and easy to make is that you only need few ingredients to give this arugula salad with lemon dressing its special taste. These ingredients are:
- Cherry tomatoes. If you can’t find cherry tomatoes, you can totally use grape tomatoes. I prefer cherry tomatoes since they are sweeter, but both are absolutely fine.
- Shaved parmesan. No arugula salad without shaved parmesan! This combo is a must for a tasty arugula side salad. It really is super good.
- Olive oil. Make sure you use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil. It is much healthier than its refined counterpart and tastes great.
And that’s it! You only need these ingredients to make a super delicious and healthy side for your next meal.
How to make an arugula salad with lemon dressing
Preparing a side salad couldn’t get any easier! All you have to do is:
- Prepare the salad ingredients: Wash the arugula and tomatoes. Then cut the tomatoes in half and add the arugula, tomatoes and shaved parmesan to a salad bowl.
- Make the lemon dressing: Simply add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix until they are combined.
- Combine the dressing and salad ingredients.
And you are done! It really is super easy to make this arugula salad with lemon dressing. You can totally focus on preparing the main dish and then easily whip up this healthy and super tasty salad for some extra deliciousness.
Combining the salad
As this salad is meant to be enjoyed as a side, you want to combine it with other foods to have a nourishing and filling meal. Here is some inspiration on how to enjoy this delicious salad.
- Pasta: This salad is the ultimate fit for pasta dishes! I love that you could make your favorite pasta recipe and prepare this salad as a side to add more veggies to the meal. I love to prepare it as a side for my spicy shrimp pasta or zucchini lasagna.
- Roasted veggies: One of the quickest ways to make a healthy and filling dinner is roasting veggies and potatoes in the oven and combining them with this salad. This sounds super simple (and it is), but tastes sooo good. This is one of my favorite weeknight dinner combos whenever I’m short on time, but still want a yummy dinner.
- Roasted meat or seared fish: Another idea is to roast your favorite meat (I love seared chicken thighs with lemon, soooo yummy) or sear fish in the pan and serve it with this salad. You could also add some carbs if you like. Healthy, tasty and super quick!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #bitesofberi on Instagram.
Arugula Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 2 handfuls arugula
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice more to taste
- 2 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the salad.
- Mix everything and add more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply