At home and looking for a super tasty banana bread recipe to make? Look no more, I got you covered with these banana chocolate muffins! They are super easy to make, are incredibly soft and moist and are a healthy option compared to other recipes!
Why I think they are healthy?
These muffins are full of healthy fats and fiber!
Instead of wheat flour, these muffins consist of healthy oats. They are known for being full of fiber, slowing down digestion and lowering cholesterol - all things we want, right? The yogurt and almond butter in this recipe deliver healthy nutrients, such as calcium, B vitamins and protective antioxidants!
You can enjoy these muffins as a snack between meals or eat them as a healthy breakfast to start your day! And with a little more than 100 calories, they fit into each meal plan!
Here are some tips for you
- Use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate: chocolate with 80% or more cocoa contains less sugar, is a good source of antioxidants and has many health boosting nutrients, such as healthy fiber, iron or magnesium.
- Make sure you use gluten-free oats if you have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity.
- Use plain yogurt that does not contain any added sugar or sweeteners.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #bitesofberi on Instagram. Happy baking, friends!
Banana Chocolate Muffins
- 2 bananas extra ripe
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare the muffin pan with paper liners.
- Make the oat flour by grinding the oats in a mixer. If you already have oat flour, skip this step.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl. Start with mashing the bananas and then add all of the other ingredients and mix them.
- Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl. Put aside one tablespoon of dark chocolate chunks to sprinkle your muffins before baking.
- Next, slowly pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients while continuously mixing them.
- Fill the paper liners with the dough and sprinkle them with the chocolate chunks we put aside in step 4. Bake for 20 minutes until muffins have a golden brown color. Enjoy the muffins while still warm or let them cool a bit.
These are delicious! How do you store them and do you ever freeze them ? Thank you 😊
Hi Nancy, I am happy to hear that you liked them! 😊 You can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. I haven't tried freezing them yet as they disappear so quickly 😄. But I think you should be able to freeze them in a freezer-safe storage container. 😊