These ginger turmeric shots are the perfect drink for ginger lovers! They are intensely flavored, super refreshing, and have amazing health benefits. Plus, they are super easy to make!
What are ginger shots?
Ginger shots are popular beverages that can nowadays be found in most supermarkets. You’ll usually find them as small shot-sized bottles in the grocery store.
As the name suggests, the ingredient that gives these wellness shots their special taste is fresh ginger root. The ginger juice is then usually combined with other ingredients such as orange juice or apple juice, turmeric, honey, and black pepper to create spicy and delicious juices.
Since I absolutely love ginger shots but find that they can be quite expensive, I created this copycat recipe for my favorite ginger turmeric shots. They combine fresh ginger root with fresh turmeric, orange juice, lemon juice, and black pepper. And let me tell you, they are super delicious!!
Ginger Shot Health Benefits
Ginger and turmeric, the two main ingredients in these ginger turmeric shots, are two related plants that are well-known for their incredible health benefits. They have been part of alternative medicine for a long time and are a staple in many Asian diets.
The two main health compounds found in ginger and turmeric, called gingerol and curcumin, have high anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making them an amazing ingredient to include in your diet. Moreover, ginger and turmeric are great for supporting your immune system, may help with digestive issues, and can improve brain function.
And since these two spices taste absolutely wonderful, you definitely cannot go wrong with including these ginger turmeric shots into your diet!
To make ginger turmeric shots you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ginger: I recommend using fresh ginger to make ginger shots. It is much more flavorful than dried ginger!
- Turmeric: I’d also recommend using fresh turmeric. If you can’t find fresh turmeric, you can use ground turmeric or simply skip it. I love to use fresh turmeric as it is super healthy and adds an earthy-sweet taste to the ginger shots.
- Orange juice: Orange juice is perfect for balancing the flavor of ginger and lemon juice. I simply juice fresh oranges to make the shots.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice adds some brightness and acidity to the shots. It goes super well with the other ingredients, so don’t skip it!
- Black pepper: Black pepper helps with nutrient absorption, so just add a little bit of black pepper to the ginger turmeric shots.
How to make ginger turmeric shots
Making these ginger turmeric shots is super easy and only requires 5 minutes! Just follow these steps:
- Blend: Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Strain: Use a fine-mesh strainer or nut milk bag to strain the blended juice.
- Store: Fill the ginger turmeric shots into a glass bottle or another sealed container and store them in your refrigerator.
Here are some ideas for you if you want to try different versions of these ginger shots.
- Apple juice: I love to use orange juice as you don’t need a professional juicer to make it. But if you have one, you could substitute the orange juice with apple juice to switch things up. It tastes great!
- More ginger: If you think that the ginger turmeric shots are not strong enough, feel free to add more ginger!
- Cayenne pepper: And if you want to add an extra kick of spice to the shots, add some cayenne pepper. It tastes amazing!
I love to prepare a large batch of these wellness shots in advance! This is how you can store them:
- Refrigerator: You can store the ginger shots in a sealed container for up to 3 days in your refrigerator.
- Freezer: You can also freeze the ginger shots using an ice cube tray. Simply thaw a shot before you want to enjoy it!
More easy and healthy recipes
I love simple and healthy recipes! Here are some of my favorites:
- Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Berry Chia Seed Jam
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Cashew Milk
- Watermelon Feta Salad
Ginger Turmeric Shots
- ½ cup lemon juice approx. 2 lemons juiced
- 1 ¼ cup orange juice approx. 5 oranges juiced
- ¾ cup ginger diced (and peeled)
- ¼ cup turmeric diced (and peeled)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Next, strain the blended juice. This can be done by using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Fill the finished juice into a glass bottle or another sealed container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Peeling the ginger and turmeric is optional as you strain the ginger turmeric shots. But if you still decide to peel the turmeric, make sure to wear gloves to prevent discoloration of your hands. If you don't want to wear gloves: the color is gone after approx. one day. Just make sure you don't stain anything important with your hands.
- When you strain the finished juice, be sure to handle everything very carefully as it can cause stains.