Something I love to drink after an energizing workout are these refreshing and nutritious ginger turmeric shots. What I love about them is that they are super easy to prepare, taste extremely delish and are full of health-boosting properties!
What makes these shots so healthy?
All of the ingredients are natural, fresh and have health-boosting properties.
Ginger and turmeric both have healing and immune-boosting properties. They are known for having strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Gingerol and curcumin, the main health compounds found in ginger and turmeric, help fight free radicals and have the ability to reduce chronic inflammation which is at the root of many modern health problems. The pepper used in the recipe largely increases curcumin absorption.
Orange juice, despite its high sugar content, has many nutrients and can be healthy if consumed in moderation. It is a great source of vitamin C, which greatly contributes to the functioning of our immune-system and is high in anti-oxidants. Lemons, just like oranges, are also high in vitamin C and give these shots a nice tangy taste that feels super refreshing while delivering many health-boosting nutrients.
If you love drinks that are packed with nutrients and vitamins, are super easy to prepare (only 5 ingredients!) and have a fruity flavor with a nice gingery-spicy taste, then this recipe is perfect for you!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #bitesofberi on instagram, friends!
Spicy Ginger Turmeric Shots
- ½ cup lemon juice approx. 2 lemon
- 1 ¼ cup orange juice approx. 5 oranges
- ¾ cup ginger peeled and diced
- ¼ cup turmeric peeled and diced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Use lemons and oranges to make the juice. This can be done by using a juicer or a simple lemon juicer if you do not have a juicer.
- Peel and cut the ginger and the turmeric into dices. Make sure to wear gloves when cutting the turmeric to prevent discoloration of your hands. If you don't want to wear gloves: the color is gone after approx. one day. Just make sure you don't stain anything important.
- Put the juice and the cut ingredients into a blender. Add the black pepper and blend well.
- Next, strain the blended juice. This can be done by using a fine mesh strainer, a clean thin dish towel or a nut milk bag.
- Fill the finished juice into a glass bottle and put the juice into the refrigerator. The ginger turmeric shot should be good for at least 3 days in the refrigerator.