These chicken patties are incredibly flavorful and delicious! They are packed with aromatic herbs and spices that turn plain ground chicken into soft and juicy meat patties that can be served alongside your favorite side dishes or as burgers for a quick and tasty dinner.
Meat patties are a family favorite as they are always super flavorful, juicy, and delicious! Plus, they can be served in a variety of ways, making them perfect for many different occasions, such as parties, barbecues, or a simple lunch or dinner at home.
These ground chicken patties have been on repeat lately as they are super soft, juicy, and packed with the most delicious flavors! They are a lighter alternative to beef patties but taste just as delicious (and some may say even better 🙃).
I love to serve them as part of my Greek-style chicken bowls, or I enjoy them with other delicious sides such as dill pickle potato salad or crispy smashed potatoes. No matter how you decide to serve them, they always taste great and will definitely leave you satisfied and happy!
Chicken Patty Ingredients
To make these chicken patties you'll need the following ingredients:
- Ground chicken: You'll need regular ground chicken. If you can't find ground chicken, you can use ground turkey as a replacement.
- Aromatics: You'll also need yellow onion and garlic. They are very important to make these chicken patties taste flavorful and delicious, so be sure to add them.
- Parsley: Parsley is another key ingredient. Use fresh parsley to make these patties taste great!
- Almond flour: This chicken patty recipe uses almond flour instead of breadcrumbs or all-purpose flour. It makes this recipe gluten-free and almond flour is actually quite nutritious, making it a perfect addition to these chicken patties. But you can use breadcrumbs or flour, just be sure to adjust the amount you use as this recipe was written for the usage of almond flour.
- Egg: Eggs bind the chicken patty mixture and should not be omitted. I used a large egg for this recipe.
- Dijon mustard: Dijon mustard adds flavor and is highly recommended, even if you usually don't like mustard or mustard-based sauces.
- Paprika powder: Paprika powder makes these chicken patties extra special and delicious, so I highly recommend using it! You can use sweet paprika powder, spicy paprika powder, or a combination of both.
- Red chili flakes: You can use any type of chili flakes! I used Turkish red chili flakes but red pepper flakes work, too! Cayenne pepper is another great option.
How to make chicken patties
Prepare the chicken patty meat. First, sauté the onion and garlic in some olive oil in a pan over medium heat until fragrant. Then add all chicken patty ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
Shape the patties. Next, shape eight similar-sized patties and place them on a plate.
Pan-fry the chicken patties. Preheat some vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place the first batch of chicken patties in the pan and cook them until golden brown. Then flip and cook them until browned and cooked through, around 3-5 minutes per side. Adjust the heat as necessary.
Serve the chicken patties. Serve the chicken patties with delicious sides of your choice or make burgers using them as burger patties. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Make sure to sauté the garlic and onion before using them. It really makes a huge difference in taste and texture! The patties have a much more balanced flavor when the aromatics are sautéed. If you don't cook the onion before using it, it doesn't soften and can taste quite pungent. I always try to avoid any extra steps, but this one is absolutely worth it!
- Pan-fry the patties over medium to medium-high heat and adjust as necessary. When you use high heat, the patties brown before they are cooked through. Medium to medium-high heat works best to make them brown beautifully while cooking them to perfection!
- If you are unsure about the correct cooking time, use a meat thermometer. I love to use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that meat is cooked through. Chicken patties are safe to eat at 175 °F or when the inside is no longer pink.
How to serve chicken patties
- Make a simple side salad with your favorite vegetables and a balsamic vinaigrette. This is a simple way to turn these chicken patties into a balanced and nutritious meal. I also love to add a carbohydrate such as white rice.
- Prepare perfectly crispy potatoes as a delicious side dish. Smashed potatoes, batata harra, and fried potatoes and onions are all great options!
- Make a delicious potato salad to add extra carbohydrates and vegetables to your meal. I personally love dill pickle potato salad, German potato salad, and Turkish-style dill potato salad. They are all super delicious and very easy to make!
- Make Greek-style bowls with these chicken patties. As these chicken patties have a Mediterranean flavor, they taste really great as part of my favorite Greek-style chicken bowls.
- Prepare delicious burgers with these chicken burger patties. You can use any type of bun, vegetable, and sauce. I love a classic burger with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese, and ketchup. Feel free to be creative!
Frequently Asked Questions
No, they aren't spicy. But if you feel unsure about the red chili flakes, you can omit them. Just be sure to use paprika power as it makes these chicken patties taste really special!
Yes, they are! They use almond flour instead of wheat flour, which makes them gluten-free and extra nutritious.
Yes, you can! Just make sure to adjust the amount you use as the amount specified in the recipe box below is for almond flour.
Yes! Using ground turkey works beautifully, so feel free to use it instead of ground chicken.
Yes, that works! You can cook them at 375 °F (190 °C) for 10-15 minutes. I personally prefer to pan-fry them as you really don't need too much oil. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan is sufficient to make these chicken patties taste amazing. But air frying is another great option!
You can store them in an airtight container in your fridge for 3-4 days. Another option is storing them in the freezer for up to 3 months. I actually love to make a few extra servings for meal prep as they freeze very well! You can reheat them in a microwave or in your air fryer.
More quick and delicious chicken recipes
Chicken can be used to make a variety of dishes. Here are some of my favorite chicken recipes that I recommend trying!
- Mongolian Chicken
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Greek-Style Chicken Bowls
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup almond flour/almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil use as much as you need to pan-fry
- First, preheat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion turns translucent. Remove from the pan and let the ingredients cool for a few minutes.½ tablespoon olive oil, 1 small yellow onion, 1 garlic clove
- Next, place all ingredients, including the sautéed onion and garlic, in a large mixing bowl. Mix everything until combined.1 pound ground chicken, ⅓ cup chopped parsley, ⅓ cup almond flour/almond meal, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, ¾ teaspoon paprika powder, ½ teaspoon red chili flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Shape similar-sized patties using your hands. The chicken mixture can be sticky to work with, so use spoons or other kitchen utensils if necessary.
- Next, preheat some vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Then add one batch of patties and pan-fry them until browned. Flip them and cook them from the other side until cooked through. This should take around 3-5 minutes per side. Lower the heat when the pan gets too hot and adjust the heat as needed.2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Serve with side dishes of your choice or make delicious burgers using the patties. Enjoy!