Love classic recipes that are easy to make but still taste absolutely delicious? This is my go-to recipe when all I am craving is a classic, healthy, meaty, spicy and warming chili. What I love about this easy beef chili recipe is that it always turns out great! This truly is a no-fuss recipe but still tastes like that amazing chili we all know from our favorite Mexican restaurant.
But before you read any further let me tell you one thing: this chili is beany. So for all of you who don’t like them, this is unfortunately not the right beef chili recipe for you. For all of you who don’t mind beans and actually love them: you have found the ultimate no-fuss classic beef chili recipe that can be made without using an instant pot or slow cooker!
How to make beef chili
So, how do we make this amazing bowl of tasty beef with that spicy sauce you ask? All we need to do is follow four simple steps. First, the meat, garlic, onions and jalapeño are sautéed in a pot with tomato paste. Next, all of the other ingredients are added to the pot. The third step is the easiest part of this recipe: just let the chili simmer with all those ingredients, spices, the tomato passata and the bone broth.
After letting the chili simmer, just check if it has the right consistency for you and add more spices or salt and pepper depending on your taste and preferences! This recipe is spicy, but still mild enough for that one friend who just cannot eat spicy foods. So feel free to add more chili powder or flakes if you want to spice things up!
Toppings for the beef chili
And now comes the most fun part in making this easy beef chili: decorating and topping your chili! I have a huge love for avocados (checked out this creamy chocolate avocado recipe yet?) and love to use them as toppings for salads, bowls and any other recipe that calls for an avocado topping. Other toppings you could use are jalapeño slices, cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro or your favorite (grain-free) tortilla chips. There are many options, just go with whatever you feel like and love!
And that’s it. Easy, right? If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #bitesofberi on Instagram, friends!
Easy Beef Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup tomato passata
- 1 ½ cup beef bone broth alternatively beef stock or water
- 15 oz beans 1 regular can
- 7 oz corn 1 small can
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- your favorite toppings
- Heat a pot with the avocado oil using medium heat.
- Chop up all the veggies and drain the canned beans and corn.
- Add the onions, garlic, jalapeño and the beef to the pot and sauté until the meat is browned. Next, add the tomato paste and sauté 2 more minutes with the tomato paste to add flavor.
- Then, add the tomato passata (or canned tomatoes) and the beef bone broth to the pot. Add all of the spices, salt and pepper, the beans and the corn to the pot. Cover the pot, bring the chili to a boil and then reduce to low heat.
- Let the chili simmer for 20 minutes.
- After letting the chili simmer, check if the chili has the right consistency. If you need more liquid, add more beef bone broth. If you want a thicker consistency, let the chili simmer a bit longer without the pot lid. Add more of the spices or salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!