These ground beef stir fry noodles combine fresh vegetables, delicious noodles, and an amazing stir fry sauce! They are super simple to make and perfect for a quick and tasty dinner.
Noodle stir-fries are a favorite of mine whenever I want something delicious, quick, and simple. And these ground beef stir fry noodles are definitely super simple and delish!
This ground beef noodle stir fry recipe is the result of combining Chinese-style noodles, an umami-rich stir-fry sauce, fresh vegetables, and flavorful ground beef.
The final result is a super delicious noodle stir fry that everyone is going to love!
To make these ground beef stir fry noodles, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef: Just use your preferred type of ground beef to make these stir-fried noodles.
- Chinese-style noodles: This recipe works with a lot of different types of noodles! I used Chinese-style quick-cooking wheat noodles but other types of noodles (like Japanese yakisoba noodles, udon noodles, or egg noodles) work just as great! Just make sure that the noodles aren’t too thin as the sauce clings better to thicker noodles.
- Vegetables and aromatics: You’ll need garlic, ginger, yellow onion, green cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper, and green onions to make this ground beef noodle stir fry. You can definitely replace any vegetable you don’t like with something you prefer, but I think this combination goes really well with the noodles, beef, and sauce.
- Sesame seeds (optional): I love to use sesame seeds when I make noodle stir-fries, but feel free to skip them if you don’t have any on hand.
- Homemade stir fry sauce: For the stir fry sauce, you’ll need dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin, honey, gochugaru (Korean red chili flakes), black pepper, and sesame oil. It may look like a lot, but having these ingredients in your pantry is actually super useful if you love Asian recipes as they are very common ingredients in many Asian recipes. So I’d recommend buying them once and reusing them to create all kinds of delicious dishes!
How to make ground beef stir fry noodles
Making these ground beef stir fry noodles is super simple! Just follow these steps:
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Then set the sauce aside.
- Sauté the ingredients: Next, preheat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. First, sauté the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes. Then add the ground beef and sauté until it is browned. Add the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes until almost tender.
- Cook the noodles: While you sauté the vegetables, cook the noodles until al dente. This should only take a few minutes.
- Combine: Transfer the noodles to the pan. Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss until everything is combined.
- Serve: Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
This ground beef stir fry noodle recipe is super easy but there are a few things to keep in mind when you try this recipe.
- Prepare all ingredients in advance. As with most stir-fries, everything happens really fast once you start cooking. So make sure to prepare all ingredients in advance to make the cooking experience stress-free and enjoyable.
- Cut the vegetables in a way that allows them to have the same cook time. If you stick with the recipe, this means that you would cut the carrots into thin matchsticks, the cabbage into smaller pieces, and the red bell pepper into medium-sized slices.
- Cook the noodles until al dente. As the noodles are tossed with the other ingredients, they can become too soft and mushy. So reduce the cooking time that you find on the package and transfer the noodles once they are al dente.
There are a few different ways to switch up the flavor of this ground beef noodle stir fry. Here are some ideas for you:
- Vegetables: There are many other vegetables you could use to make these delicious ground beef stir fry noodles! Other veggies that I love are mushrooms, baby bok choy, green peas, snap peas, green beans, zucchini, and broccoli. There are lots of different combinations that taste great, so feel free to adjust the recipe to your preferences.
- Noodles: I already mentioned that you can use other noodles to make this simple noodle stir fry. Udon noodles, lo mein noodles, yakisoba noodles, soba noodles, and many other wheat noodles or egg noodles work great. They all taste super delicious and are perfect to make this dish!
- Protein: If you don’t feel like having ground beef, you can always switch it to another type of protein! Chicken and tofu are always delicious alternatives.
- Make it spicy: I wouldn’t recommend changing the sauce ingredients, but you can definitely make this noodle stir fry spicy! Just add more chili flakes or some chopped chili pepper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! Just use gluten-free noodles, tamari/gluten-free soy sauce instead of dark soy sauce, and gluten-free oyster sauce.
Yes! You could use a plant-based beef substitute, vegan oyster sauce, and brown sugar instead of honey to turn these ground beef stir fry noodles vegan.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat the leftovers in your microwave or in a pan with some extra water.
More delicious and easy stir fry recipes
If you love delicious stir fry recipes, I’ve got you! The following recipes are absolute favorites and super simple to make.
Ground Beef Stir Fry Noodles
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion cut into slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- ½ red bell pepper cut into slices
- 12 ounces Chinese-style noodles
- 2 green onions cut into 5-inch pieces, light parts halved
- sesame seeds (optional) for garnish
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean red chili flakes) or other chili flakes more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Then set the stir fry sauce aside.
- Preheat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger until the onion turns translucent. Then add the beef and sauté until it browns.
- Next, add the cabbage, carrots, and red bell pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Then add the green onions and sauté until the vegetables are almost tender.
- While you sauté the vegetables, cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente. Then drain and set aside.
- Transfer the noodles to the pan. Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss until combined. Add more chili flakes to taste.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Leave a Reply