This no mayo egg salad with avocado is a delicious alternative to classic egg salad recipes. It is very creamy, full of flavor and made with super healthy and nutritious ingredients. It is perfect for breakfast, lunch or as a healthy appetizer. Anyone who loves the combination of avocado and egg (avocado toast lovers, I am talking to you) will love this recipe! It is a great way to switch up your avocado toast and egg salad game, while still giving you all of the avo-egg deliciousness.
The question is: what ingredients make this no mayo egg salad so delicious and different? Let me give you a short overview of the components that make this avocado egg salad SO yummy:
- Greek yogurt.
- Spring onion.
- Red pepper flakes (optional).
That’s it. You really only need these 7 ingredients to make this super yummy avocado egg salad! What it tastes like? This egg salad is zingy, very aromatic and fresh with a small hint of spice. Or in other words: it tastes super delish!
How to make a no mayo egg salad with avocado
There is one reason why I make this no mayo egg salad recipe so often: it is super quick and easy to make. It is one of those you-only-need-20-minutes-and-have-to-chop-some-stuff recipes. Perfect for busy days and for prepping your lunch in advance. Here are the steps for making this yummy avocado egg salad:
- Boil the eggs. You can use whatever method you prefer to make hard boiled eggs. I like to add water to a pot, bring it to a boil, add the eggs and let them cook with the pot closed and the stove turned off. After 10 minutes, you have the perfect hard boiled eggs for this recipe. While they cool, you can take care of the other ingredients.
- Prepare the other ingredients. All you have to do is mash the avocados with a fork, juice the lemon, chop the parsley and spring onion, dice the eggs and add all of the ingredients with some salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix everything. Add more salt and pepper if necessary and you are ready to enjoy this healthy and delish egg salad.
- Skip the parsley. If you don’t like it or just don’t have it in your refrigerator right now, you can totally skip it and use other herbs. I find that dill really goes well with this recipe.
- Skip the spring onions. I find that they add lots of flavor to the recipe without being too strong, but you can totally use red onion or white onion if spring onions aren’t available right now. If you want to use something milder, then go for chives. They have a similar taste, but are not as strong as spring onions.
- Spice it up. Some of you might already know that I have a thing for red pepper flakes. I kind of add them to most dishes. If you are like me and love a bit of spice, then totally add the red pepper flakes to the egg salad! They taste amazing in combination with the lemon, parsley and spring onions.
Ideas for serving the egg salad
There are lots of different ways to enjoy this yummy no mayo egg salad! Here are some of my favorites for a little inspiration:
- Make egg salad sandwiches. This one is quite obvious, but I still want to mention it. You can easily make a super quick and delicious egg sandwich using this recipe.
- Make egg salad wraps. Sometimes, I simply don’t feel like having a sandwich. On those days, I love to make a wrap and add a few extra ingredients like tomatoes or baby spinach.
- Serve as an appetizer. This no mayo egg salad is a great spread when you have guests at your place. It tastes great with bread, crackers or as lettuce wraps!
You can easily store this egg salad in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. I like to make a larger batch and then enjoy it as breakfast or lunch the following days.
Other egg recipes
If you love using eggs in your kitchen, then totally check out these recipes. They are all healthy, taste great and are super easy to make.
No Mayo Egg Salad with Avocado
- 6 eggs hard boiled
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup spring onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- salt and pepper
- Make the hard boiled eggs and let them cool.
- Mash the avocados, juice the lemon and chop the parsley and spring onion. Add these ingredients with the greek yogurt and red pepper flakes (optional) to a bowl.
- Cut the eggs into cubes and add them to the bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix everything. Enjoy!