This zucchini noodles with garlic shrimp recipe is one of the quickest and easiest recipes ever! It is perfect for a super delicious weeknight dinner. All you need to make this healthy and tasty recipe is 20 minutes and 8 ingredients. The combination of garlic, shrimp and zucchini noodles simply is perfection on a plate! So if you are in search for a quick, healthy and incredibly delicious dinner recipe, you have found it. Plus: it is low carb and gluten-free.
To make this recipe, you only need ingredients that can be easily bought in the grocery store. These ingredients are:
- Zucchinis. Try to find medium-sized zucchinis that are not too small.
- Shrimps. I like to use jumbo shrimps as I find them juicier, but any type of shrimp works.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon. For this recipe, you need the juice and zest of the lemon you use.
- Vegetable stock or white wine. Just go for whatever you have at home, I love to use white wine for cooking.
- Parmesan (optional). This is a totally optional ingredient, but I always love to add a bit of parmesan on top of my pasta dishes. I mean, pasta is just meant to be topped with grated parmesan.
And that’s it. Pretty basic, right? While the ingredients and preparation are so simple, the dish does not taste simple at all! It really is darn good.
How to make zucchini noodles with garlic shrimp
Making these garlicky zucchini noodles with shrimp is super simple. You simply need to follow these steps to make a healthy, easy and yummy zucchini noodle dinner:
- Prepare the ingredients: Make the zucchini noodles by spiralizing zucchinis. Then, chop the parsley, mince the garlic, juice a lemon and zest the lemon.
- Sear the shrimps: Add olive oil to a pan and heat the pan using medium-high heat. Next, sear the shrimp from one side. Before flipping them, add the garlic and salt and pepper and sear the shrimps from the other side. Then, take them out of the pan and set aside.
- Make the garlic butter lemon sauce: To prepare the sauce for the zucchini noodles, simply add the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vegetable stock/white wine to the pan and let everything simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine: You are almost done! Now you can add the parsley, shrimps and zucchini noodles to the pan and mix everything to combine the ingredients and heat up the zucchini noodles.
- Serve: Serve the zucchini noodles with some grated parmesan (optional).
Now you can happily dig in! And to the person who invented zucchini noodles: thank you SOOO much! They are just delish. Especially with butter, garlic, lemon and shrimps. This dish is just amazing.
Cooking tips for the perfect garlic zucchini noodles with shrimp
As always, there are a few tips and tricks I want to share with you so that you can enjoy the perfect zucchini noodles with shrimp the first time you make them:
- Don’t overcook the zucchini noodles and add salt shortly before serving. If you add any salt in the beginning, the zucchini noodles can get watery. The same applies to cooking them for too long. The result is always soggy zucchini noodles. So just sauté them very shortly and add salt and pepper in the end. That way, you will have the most delish and crisp zoodles!
- Make sure the pan is hot and the shrimps are dry before searing them. This way, you make sure that you don’t end up with a watery mess and instead have crispy shrimps that are still juicy from the inside.
- Don’t overcook the shrimps. Many of us make this mistake to make sure that the shrimps are cooked through. Unfortunately, this leads to dry shrimps. So just cook them 2-3 minutes from each side and you are good to go.
More delicious dinner recipes
Zucchini Noodles with Garlic Shrimp
- 2 zucchinis spiralized
- 7 oz shrimps
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- 2 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock or white wine
- parmesan optional
- salt and pepper
- Make the zucchini noodles with a spiralizer. Chop the parsley, mince the garlic and prepare the lemon juice and zest.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil using medium-high heat. Add the shrimps and sear from one side. Then add the garlic and sear the shrimps from the other side. Add salt and pepper. Take the shrimps out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vegetable stock/white wine to the pan. Simmer everything for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the parsley, zucchini noodles and shrimp to the pan. Mix everything and heat the zucchini noodles up.
- Serve the zucchini noodles with some freshly grated parmesan. (Optional)
- Use medium-sized zucchinis. If you can only find small zucchinis, simply use more to make sufficient zucchini noodles.
- Don't sauté the zucchini noodles for too long. Otherwise they will get mushy. They only need a very short time in the pan and taste great when they are still crisp.
Leave a Reply