These baked honey sriracha wings are sweet, sticky, and super flavorful! They are perfect for dinner, your next party, or as a tasty snack.
Honey sriracha wings are a delicious alternative to my favorite teriyaki chicken wings or honey garlic chicken wings. They are very simple to make, taste amazing, and are perfect for anyone who loves sweet and spicy flavors.
All you need is chicken wings, a few simple seasonings, and the ingredients for my favorite honey sriracha sauce (the same I used for my super delicious honey sriracha salmon recipe). These chicken wings are simply delicious!
For preparing crispy baked chicken wings, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Chicken wings: You can either buy chicken wings that are pre-cut into wingette and drumette, or you can cut them yourself. If you cut them yourself, discard the wingtip and only use the wingette and drumette for this recipe.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is the secret ingredient to make baked chicken wings crispy and delicious. So don’t forget to add it!
- Seasonings: For this recipe, you’ll need garlic powder, paprika powder, salt, and pepper. Although you’re going to prepare a honey sriracha wing sauce, I recommend seasoning the chicken wings before baking them as it adds a delicious flavor to the wings.
For the homemade honey sriracha sauce, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most important ingredients for the chicken wing sauce. Just use your favorite honey for this recipe.
- Sriracha: Another key ingredient is sriracha. You only need a small amount to add flavor to the sauce!
- Soy sauce: Soy sauce is perfect for adding umami and creating the perfect texture.
- Lime juice: Lime juice perfectly balances all the flavors and adds some acid to the sauce.
How to make honey sriracha wings
Making honey sriracha wings is super simple. Just follow these steps:
- Season and bake the chicken wings: Add some paprika powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and baking powder to the chicken wings. Toss until everything is combined. Then bake the chicken wings at 450 °F for 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Prepare the marinade: In the meantime, add honey, sriracha, soy sauce, and lime juice to a pan. Stir until everything is combined. Then bring the sauce to a simmer and let it thicken.
- Toss: When the chicken wings have finished cooking, add them to the sauce and toss. Serve and enjoy!
- Broil (optional): This step is totally optional. But if you like your wings less saucy and want to give them a beautiful char, place them back on the baking sheet and broil them for 2-4 minutes. My family prefers the wings this way, but feel free to skip this step. I like the wings both ways!
How to air fry chicken wings
Do you have an air fryer that you want to use for this recipe? Simply follow the steps as described, but instead of baking the chicken wings, cook them in your air fryer at 380 °F for 18 minutes.
Toss them after half the cooking time so they can evenly brown. When they are ready, add them to the sauce and toss. Then add them back to the air fryer if you want or broil them.
Tips to make the best baked chicken wings
Please check these tips before you try this recipe so your chicken wings turn out crispy and delicious.
- Pat the wings dry. Always pat your chicken wings dry before you season them! This allows them to become crispy while still being juicy and delicious.
- Use baking powder, not baking soda. This is really important! Baking soda is not the same as baking powder, so please make sure you are actually using baking powder. It is very easy to get them mixed up, so double-check the package before you make these honey garlic chicken wings.
- Bake until the wings are golden brown and crispy. Your cook time for the wings might vary a little, so just keep an eye on the chicken wings and remove them from the oven when they are golden brown.
Depending on your personal preferences, you might have to change the recipe a little. Here is how you can adjust this recipe to your taste.
- Cayenne pepper: These chicken wings only have a hint of spice, so if you prefer them a little spicier, feel free to add cayenne pepper to the chicken wing seasoning mix. I decided to keep the chicken wings on the mild side so everyone can enjoy them. But feel free to spice things up!
- Garlic: Garlic is another delicious addition to these chicken wings. So if you love garlic, mince and sauté one or two garlic cloves before adding the other honey sriracha sauce ingredients to the pan.
- Honey & sriracha: I decided to use more honey than sriracha as I like the chicken wings sweet with some extra flavor that the sriracha lends to the wings. But if you really love sriracha and prefer the chicken wings less sweet, feel free to use less honey and more sriracha. I love them as they are, but your taste might be a little different.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you substitute the soy sauce with tamari, they are. So you can absolutely enjoy these wings, even if you can’t eat gluten!
There are so many different things you can eat with these chicken wings for dinner. I like to enjoy them with fluffy white rice (love the sauce with rice!) and roasted vegetables. Another option is oven-baked fries and a delicious side salad. I just make sure I add some carbs and vegetables to turn these wings into a satiating meal.
You can store these honey sriracha wings in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat them, I recommend baking them until they are warm enough. Alternatively, reheat them in your microwave.
More simple and delicious appetizers
Here are more appetizers that you can serve at your next party or as a snack.
Honey Sriracha Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings patted dry
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Honey Sriracha Marinade
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 - 1 ½ tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Next, season the chicken wings with all chicken wing ingredients. Then place the wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the honey sriracha marinade. Add all sauce ingredients to a pan, whisk until they are combined, then let the sauce simmer until it thickens while stirring.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and add them to the pan. Toss until they are covered in sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: If you prefer the wings less saucy, add them back to the baking sheet and broil them for 2-4 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on them as they can burn very quickly. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply