This whipped feta dip is a simple and delicious appetizer that tastes great with fresh vegetables, crackers, or toasted pita bread. It is creamy, tangy, and incredibly flavorful!
Whipped feta is a homemade dip that is super simple to make! It is one of my favorite snacks if I am craving something fresh, creamy, and salty. Plus, you can serve it with your favorite veggies for a healthy snack option.
The best part is that it is ready in no time! All you need is a few minutes, a food processor, and the ingredients. So if you love creamy dips, try this one. It tastes absolutely amazing!
To make this whipped feta dip, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Feta: Feta is one of the key ingredients in this recipe. Simply use your favorite brand of feta cheese to make this dip.
- Cream cheese: Cream cheese is perfect for balancing out the saltiness of the feta. It also makes the dip more creamy.
- Olive oil: Olive oil adds creaminess and tastes amazing with feta cheese! Make sure you use extra virgin olive oil.
- Lemon: You only need a small amount of lemon juice for this recipe. It adds some acidity and flavor.
- Honey: You also need a small amount of honey. It perfectly balances out the flavors of the feta cheese and lemon juice. So don’t omit it!
- Parsley: Parsley is one of my favorite herbs! It makes everything taste so much better. So feel free to add as much as you like.
- Garlic (optional): You only need a very small amount of garlic for this dip. And if you don’t like garlic, feel free to skip it. The whipped feta tastes great either way!
How to make this whipped feta dip
Making this whipped feta dip is super simple! Just follow these steps:
- Blend: Add all ingredients to a food processor. Then blend until the whipped feta is creamy.
- Adjust: Check if you need to add more water to make the dip creamier. If you’ve added too much water, add more feta and cream cheese.
- Serve: Serve the dip with vegetables, toasted pita bread, or crackers. Enjoy!
This whipped feta recipe is very simple, but keep the following things in mind when you try it for the first time.
- Adjust the consistency. I used ¼ cup of water to make this dip, but you might need less or more than I did. Or maybe you prefer a thicker and less creamy dip. So start with a small amount of water and add more as needed. This way the dip should turn out perfectly!
- Start with a small amount of garlic. Only use ½ garlic clove or even less and add more after you’ve tried the feta cheese dip. You can always use more, so don’t add too much in the beginning!
- Don’t add any salt. As feta cheese is already quite salty, I don’t recommend using any salt for this whipped feta recipe. It tastes absolutely delicious without it!
I absolutely love the feta dip as is, but sometimes I just like to switch things up a little. Here are some of my favorite alternative add-ins.
- Herbs: Parsley is my favorite herb for making this dip, but chives, basil, dill, or cilantro taste great, too! Just choose one you like and use it for this delicious feta cheese dip.
- Red chili flakes: I absolutely love spicy dips! Red chili flakes are my favorite for adding a little heat to this dip. I usually use less or no parsley when I decide to add additional spices.
- Lemon zest: Another favorite is lemon zest. It adds that lemony aroma without any acidity. If you decide to use it, you might want to use less herbs so you can actually taste the wonderful lemon aroma!
How to serve whipped feta
There are different ways to enjoy whipped feta! Here are my favorites.
- Appetizer: Enjoying this dip with toasted pita bread and vegetables is probably my favorite way to enjoy it! I usually cut carrots, cucumbers, and red bell peppers into sticks. The pita bread is cut into small triangles and toasted while I prepare the dip. It’s one the most delicious snacks!
- Sandwich: I also like to use it as a spread on my sandwiches! It goes super well with turkey breast and vegetables, so definitely use it to make delicious sandwiches!
- Wraps: An alternative to sandwiches are wraps. It’s another lunch favorite, so feel free to use the whipped feta to make tasty lunch wraps!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! Just add the garlic right before you want to serve the dip. Otherwise, the garlic becomes very pungent. You can store the dip in your refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy it.
The dip is best stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you prepare a large batch to meal prep, don’t use any garlic. I recommend adding it right before serving so the garlic doesn’t become too pungent.
More delicious dips
If you are looking for delicious dips and snacks, try one of the following recipes. They taste amazing and are super easy to make!
Whipped Feta Dip
- ½ garlic clove (optional)
- ¼ cup parsley leaves lightly packed
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- water as needed, up to ¼ cup
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Only start with a small amount of water.
- Then blend until the whipped feta dip is creamy. Add more water until it has the desired consistency.
- Serve with vegetables, crackers, or toasted pita bread. Enjoy!