These roasted honey glazed carrots make a super easy and delicious side that goes well with a variety of recipes. They are sweet, savory, garlicky, perfectly caramelized, and simply amazing!
This roasted honey glazed carrots recipe transforms regular carrots into an elegant and delicious side. Whether it’s your favorite holiday or a quick weeknight dinner, you can be sure that these honey ginger carrots will be gone very quickly! Plus, they are super easy to make. No fancy cooking techniques required. All you need is carrots, a delicious honey glaze, and an oven.
You only need a few basic ingredients to transform carrots into a delicious side. These are the ingredients that make the culinary magic happen:
- Carrots. You can either use regular carrots or baby carrots. If you use baby carrots, there is no need to cut them into smaller pieces.
- Garlic. Minced garlic is a must for making roasted honey glazed carrots! The amount of garlic in the recipe should be perfect for most people, but feel free to use more or less depending on your taste.
- Honey. Honey is one of the key ingredients in this recipe. You can use any type of honey.
- Butter. Butter is great for extra flavor and makes the honey glaze super delicious.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is a healthy and delicious type of oil that works really well with butter and honey.
- Spices. I added cinnamon and ginger, as they go super well with the carrots and honey glaze.
- Herbs. Parsley is a perfect addition to these roasted honey glazed carrots.
How to make roasted honey glazed carrots
Making honey roasted carrots is super easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Chop the carrots. Peel the carrots and cut them into medium-sized pieces. If you use baby carrots, skip this step.
- Toss the carrots. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the carrots and toss them.
- Roast the carrots. Roast the carrots in the oven for 20 minutes until tender.
- Garnish the roasted carrots. Garnish the roasted honey glazed carrots with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Bake time: The bake time can vary, so don’t roast the carrots for too long. Check the carrots while they are in the oven to make sure they don’t become too soft.
- Garnish: I love parsley to garnish these honey glazed carrots, but feel free to use other herbs to garnish them! Thyme or chives should taste great, too!
- Make it vegan: You can easily make this recipe vegan by substituting the honey with maple syrup.
You can store the honey glazed carrots in your refrigerator or freezer, even though I wouldn’t freeze them as they can become very soft when thawed and reheated. The carrots stay good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More delicious side dish recipes
If you love healthy and easy side dishes, check out the following recipes. They all taste great and go super well with a variety of dishes.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Cucumber Dill Salad
- Lemon Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan
Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 lb carrots or baby carrots
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp butter melted
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Peel the carrots and cut them into thirds.
- Add all ingredients, except for the parsley, to a large bowl and toss until the carrots are evenly coated.
- Spread the carrots on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Bake time: Check on the carrots while they are in the oven as bake time can vary.
- Garnish: You can use other herbs, like thyme or chives, to garnish the honey glazed carrots. I simply prefer parsley.
- Make it vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey to make this dish vegan.