Peanut butter and jelly overnight oats are a healthy twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They combine creamy overnight oats with sweet chia jam and delicious peanut butter. Plus, they make an amazing make-ahead breakfast that only takes 5 minutes to prepare!
This peanut butter and jelly overnight oats recipe is another overnight oats variation that I love to make! Overnight oats are my favorite weekday breakfast, as they can be prepared in advance in just 5 minutes. Plus, they are super healthy, taste great, and keep you full for a long time. They are absolutely amazing and I recommend making them, especially if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing breakfast!
To make these peanut butter and jelly overnight oats, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats. Don’t substitute rolled oats with instant oats or quick oats! Rolled oats are perfect for overnight oats, as they become soft and creamy, but still have texture. Always use rolled oats.
- Chia seeds. Chia seeds are an amazing source of fiber and help to thicken the overnight oats.
- Natural peanut butter. Use your favorite brand of natural peanut butter to make delicious peanut butter and jelly overnight oats.
- Maple syrup. I either use maple syrup or honey as a sweetener. But you can use any other sweetener!
- Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt makes the overnight oats creamy and gives an amazing protein boost.
- (Plant-based) milk. I love to use almond milk but go for the type of milk you like to use.
- Homemade chia seed jam. Store-bought jam is often high in sugar, so I like to make homemade raspberry chia jam. It only takes 10 minutes and tastes great. But if there is another healthy jam alternative you love, feel free to use it!
- Fresh fruit. Depending on the kind of jam I am using, I love to add fresh blueberries or raspberries to my peanut butter and jelly overnight oats.
How to make peanut butter and jelly overnight oats
Preparing peanut butter and jelly overnight oats is super easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the berry chia jam. Follow the steps in this chia seed jam recipe to make berry chia jam. Alternatively, use store-bought jam.
- Mix. Add all ingredients to a storage container and mix them.
- Soak. Store the overnight oats in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Add toppings. Add the toppings and enjoy! If you want to make this a grab-and-go breakfast, add the toppings before storing the overnight oats in the refrigerator. And then grab, go and enjoy!
You can easily modify this recipe according to your taste or dietary needs. Here are some ideas for you:
- Vegan: You can easily make these overnight oats vegan by using plant-based yogurt and plant-based milk.
- Gluten-free: Make sure you use certified gluten-free oats if you want these overnight oats to be gluten-free.
- Jam: I love blueberry and raspberry chia jam to make these overnight oats, but feel free to use any other kind of jam.
Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. You can store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
More healthy breakfast recipes
If you love to start your day with a healthy and delicious breakfast, try one of these recipes. They are all super easy to make and taste great!
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Turkish Menemen
- Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ tbsp maple syrup or another sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt
- ½ cup (plant-based) milk
- 1 tbsp chia seed jam
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- fresh berries
- Prepare the berry chia seed jam according to the instructions in the recipe.
- Add the overnight oats ingredients to a storage container or jar and mix everything. Store in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Add the toppings before serving or before storing the overnight oats in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Make it vegan: Use plant-based milk and plant-based yogurt to make this recipe vegan.
- Make it gluten-free: Make sure you use gluten-free oats.