These pumpkin pie overnight oats are a must-make during fall time! They are very easy to prepare, are made with nutritious ingredients and taste super delicious. Overnight oats are the perfect breakfast dish for weekday mornings as they can be prepared in advance, are very satisfying and super healthy.
If you have tried overnight oats before, then you already know how delicious and convenient they are. You simply add some ingredients to a container and let them sit in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, you wake up to a super delicious and healthy breakfast.
There are endless options for changing the flavor of overnight oats. And this recipe is one of my favorites to switch up my overnight oats game. Pumpkin pie overnight oats are just perfect if you love all things pumpkin and fall time! They are creamy, flavorful and taste like a super delicious piece of pumpkin pie. And yes, these overnight oats actually make me get out of bed in the morning because I already know when I wake up that these heavenly pumpkin pie overnight oats are waiting for me. They are that yummy!
Pumpkin pie overnight oats are made with the ingredients you need for classic overnight oats plus some special ingredients. These are the ingredients you need:
- Rolled oats. You definitely need rolled oats to make overnight oats. They have a different texture than instant/quick oats when they are soaked over night, so make sure you have rolled oats to make these pumpkin pie overnight oats.
- (Plant-based) milk. You can use any kind of milk. I love using almond milk.
- Pumpkin puree. I used canned pumpkin to make these overnight oats.
- Greek yogurt. You could skip the yogurt, but I recommend using it. When I make classic overnight oats, I sometimes skip it. But it goes very well with the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, so it is a must for this recipe!
- Chia seeds. They are great for texture and are packed with nutrients, so I recommend using them.
- Maple syrup or honey. Or any other sweetener of choice. You can also skip the sweetener if you prefer it this way.
- Pumpkin pie spice.
- Toppings. I love using nuts, nut butters, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, berries and other kinds of fruits. You could also top the pumpkin pie overnight oats with coconut whipped cream. Feel free to be creative!
How to make pumpkin pie overnight oats
Pumpkin pie overnight oats are probably the easiest breakfast dish ever! They are quick and easy to make, can be prepared for the whole week and taste fantastic. Here is how you prepare them:
- Prepare the overnight oats. Simply add all of the ingredients to containers or jars, mix everything and then cover the containers.
- Let them soak. Put the overnight oats in the refrigerator and let them soak over night or for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy. Take the overnight oats out of the refrigerator, add your favorite toppings and enjoy your healthy and delicious breakfast!
Overnight oats are just so easy to prepare. That’s why they are my go-to breakfast. Easy, healthy, delish!
Can overnight oats be served warm?
Yes, they can be warmed up! Simply heat them up in a microwave and you are good to go.
Are overnight oats gluten-free?
It depends on the kind of rolled oats you are buying. Oats are naturally gluten-free, but they can get contaminated during production. So make sure you buy a brand that explicitly states on the package that the oats are gluten-free.
How long can they be stored?
One thing I absolutely love is that you can store the overnight oats for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator. This means you can prepare your breakfast for the whole week in advance and it only takes 10 minutes max! This recipe is just perfect in so many ways.
More healthy breakfast recipes
If you love breakfast recipes that are easy, healthy and delish, then you might fall in love with these recipes that are all favorites of mine:
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- toppings of choice
- Add all ingredients to a container or glass jar and mix until they are well combined.
- Place the container in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. I recommend preparing the overnight oats in the evening so they are ready in the morning. If the overnight oats are too thick in the morning, add more milk.
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy!
- I make the pumpkin pie overnight oats with almond milk, but feel free to choose the type of milk you like.
- Topping ideas: nuts, nut butters, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, berries or other fruits
- Don't use instant oats to make overnight oats! They will have a different texture when they are soaked. Stick with rolled oats and you will love the result.
- You can make it vegan by using agave syrup as sweetener and your favorite vegan yogurt instead of greek yogurt.
Leave a Reply