This ground beef stir fry is a delicious and healthy meal that is quick and easy to prepare. This makes it perfect for weeknight dinner or meal prep. The stir fry can be combined with rice, noodles or a variety of veggies which makes it a super simple and tasty dish that never gets boring.
I simply looove this ground beef stir fry recipe for being so simple, fuss-free and super delicious. Sometimes, all you want is some yummy food without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Let me tell you, this recipe is perfect if that’s what you are looking for! It has lots of flavor, is made with healthy ingredients and is ready to be served in less than 30 minutes. Plus: this recipe is great for using any leftover veggies before they turn bad. This recipe definitely ticks all the boxes for me.
To make this delish ground beef stir fry, you need some basic Asian ingredients, ground beef and fresh vegetables. Here is a complete list for you:
- Ground beef.
- Vegetables. I used carrot, red bell pepper, zucchini and onion for the recipe. If you don’t like any of these veggies, skip them or use something else instead.
- Soy sauce. Alternatives are coconut aminos or tamari.
- Chili paste.
- Sesame oil.
- Cornstarch (optional). It can be used to thicken the sauce if you want to, but there is no need to use it. The recipe will turn out great either way!
These are all the ingredients you need. I recommend keeping ingredients like soy sauce, mirin and sake in your pantry as you can make very delicious sauces with these basic ingredients.
How to make ground beef stir fry
As promised, making this ground beef stir fry is super easy. You simply have to follow these steps to make this delicious dish:
- Prepare the stir fry ingredients: Simply chop all the vegetables and other ingredients for the stir fry.
- Prepare the sauce: Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix them.
- Sauté: First, you sauté the garlic, ginger and ground beef until it has browned. Then, you add the vegetables and sauté until they start to soften. Next, add the sauce and sauté a bit more until the vegetables are soft enough. If you want to thicken up the sauce, add some cornstarch slurry. And if you feel like adding salt and pepper, then add some to taste.
And that’s it! Making this ground beef stir fry is very easy and the result is simply amazing!
This is one of my recipes that leaves a lot of room for your modifications. Here are a few ideas:
- Vegetables: This recipe can be made with all kinds of vegetables. You could use mushrooms, spring onion instead of yellow onion, bok choy, snap peas and sooo many other vegetables! This actually is one of my favorite recipes to clean out my refrigerator and use any leftover veggies.
- Sauce: You could use coconut aminos (gluten free and soy free) or tamari (gluten free) as a soy sauce alternative. If you want to substitute honey, just use a sweetener of choice.
- Spicy version: You might know that I love spicy foods! If you are like me, then use a chile pepper or red pepper flakes to spice things up. This is one of my favorite ways to change the flavor of this recipe.
How do I serve this dish?
There are different ways to serve this dish. These are my favorites:
- Noodles: You could use this recipe as a base for a ground beef noodle stir fry. It would taste great with udon noodles, soba noodles and even regular spaghetti.
- Rice: I love servings this dish with rice. I often use some type of white rice or cauliflower rice for a lower carb version.
More easy dinner recipes
I love creating quick, easy and healthy recipes that are perfect for dinner, especially if you are short on time. Here are a few more recipe ideas that you might love:
- Easy Beef Chili
- Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing
- Thai Peanut Curry with Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
Ground Beef Stir Fry
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into slices
- ½ zucchini halves and cut into slices
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce alternatives: tamari or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup sake
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Cornstarch Slurry (optional)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoon water
- Prepare the stir fry ingredients by washing and chopping them.
- Make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a bowl or jar and mixing them. Set the sauce aside.
- Preheat a pan with the avocado oil over medium-high heat. First, sauté the garlic, ginger and ground beef until it has browned. Then, add the vegetables and sauté until they start to soften. When the vegetables have softened, add the sauce to the pan, mix everything and sauté a bit more until the vegetables have the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: If you prefer a thicker sauce, make the cornstarch slurry and slowly add it to the stir fry until the sauce has the preferred consistency.
- Serve the ground beef stir fry with cauliflower rice, white rice or noodles.
- Use coconut aminos for a gluten free and soy free version or use tamari for a gluten free version.
- Feel free to add red pepper flakes or a chile pepper for a spicier version.