This Greek chicken pasta salad is a quick and healthy salad recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner. It is very easy to make, packed with delicious vegetables and topped with creamy feta and tender chicken breast.
There are many things I love about this recipe. It is very quick and easy to prepare, it can be stored in the refrigerator for meal prepping lunch and it is full of nutritious ingredients. But the one things I love most is this salad’s taste! Just imagine the combination of lovely pasta and all the Mediterranean goodies. Creamy feta cheese, tasty olives, fresh vegetables and a heavenly Greek salad dressing. Sounds delicious, right? And I must admit, it is. Sooo, let me introduce you to this wonderful Greek chicken pasta salad.
The first thing we need to talk about are the ingredients you need for making a Greek chicken pasta salad. The ingredients are all very basic, so you should be able to find everything you need.
- Chicken breast.
- Pasta. You can use any type of pasta to make this recipe. I used whole-wheat fusilli to make the pasta salad.
- Tomatoes. I recommend using cherry or grape tomatoes as they tend to be sweeter. Make sure you use ripe tomatoes for maximum flavor.
- Red onion. You can also use yellow onions if you don’t have red onions.
- Kalamata olives. You could use any kind of olives, but I suggest using Kalamata olives! They are super flavorful and very healthy.
- Homemade Greek dressing (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice).
And that’s all you need to make a Greek chicken pasta salad. If you feel like skipping some of the ingredients, then that’s totally fine! But please keep the olives and feta, they make this recipe super delicious and special!
How to make Greek chicken pasta salad
This is one of those fuss-free recipes where you basically throw all ingredients into a bowl and you are done. It really is super simple! Still, let me give you a short overview of the steps as I want this to be an easy and yummy experience for you.
- Cook the pasta. Make sure you follow the instructions as cook time varies depending on the type of pasta you use. When the pasta is cooked, drain the water and let the pasta cool.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and dressing. You simply chop all of the ingredients and set them aside. The dressing is made by adding all ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mixing them.
- Sear the chicken breast. Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and sear from both side until they are golden. I recommend using medium-high heat and not searing them for too long. Chicken breast usually gets dry very quickly.
- Combine. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl, add salt and pepper and mix everything.
Here are a few tips for modifying this recipe:
- Make it vegetarian: Just skip the chicken breast! This Greek pasta salad tastes equally great when it is vegetarian. I actually love to make the vegetarian version for picnics or barbecues.
- Make it gluten free: There are many versions of gluten free pasta available. I love using red lentil fusilli, but you could use any kind of gluten free pasta to make this Greek chicken pasta salad.
- Upgrade the chicken. If you are bored by plain chicken breast, you could add minced garlic or minced chile pepper while searing it. It is an extra step, but I usually go for it as it makes the chicken taste a lot better!
More salad recipes
Love to make easy and delicious salads? Then here are a few more recipes you might want to check out.
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cup cucumber cut into small slices
- ½ red onion
- 4 oz Kalamata olives halved
- ¾ cup feta cheese diced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin, for searing the chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
Greek Dressing Ingredients
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Cook the pasta and drain the water when the pasta is cooked. Then, set aside to let the pasta cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables, parsley and feta. Make the dressing and set aside.
- Preheat a pan with olive oil over medium heat. Cut the chicken breast into chunks and sear from both sides until golden.
- Add the salad ingredients and the dressing to a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Then, mix everything. Enjoy!