This air fryer chicken breast recipe is perfect for preparing tender, juicy, and delicious chicken breasts in a fuss-free way. The chicken breasts are beautifully seasoned, air fried, and served with your favorite sides for a quick, healthy, and delicious dinner.
If you are bored of dry and bland chicken breasts, then be sure to give this air fryer chicken breast recipe a try! The chicken breasts are super juicy, well-seasoned, and absolutely delicious.
All you need is a few simple ingredients, your air fryer, and delicious side dishes like crispy smashed potatoes, herbed mustard potato salad, or a flavorful white bean salad to turn regular chicken breasts into a quick and delicious meal.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Ingredients
To make these air fryer chicken breasts, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts: For this recipe, you’ll need boneless skinless chicken breasts. Make sure they are the same size so they cook evenly.
- Olive oil: You’ll also need a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use another type of oil like avocado oil or vegetable oil.
- Seasoning: This is probably the most important part of the ingredient list. You’ll need paprika powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, curry powder, ground nutmeg, salt, and pepper to season the chicken breasts. Please make sure to use these spices so the recipe turns out as intended.
How to make air fryer chicken breasts
Here is how you prepare juicy air fryer chicken breasts:
- Preheat: First, preheat your air fryer to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Season: In the meantime, place the chicken breasts in a bowl. Add the olive oil and seasonings. Then toss until the chicken breasts are evenly covered.
- Air fry: Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and air fry for around 20 minutes until the internal temperature is between 160 °F and 165 °F. Then remove the chicken breasts from the air fryer and let them sit for a few minutes.
- Serve: Cut the chicken breasts into slices and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
Here are a few quick notes that I recommend reading through before trying this air fryer chicken breast recipe.
- Use similar-sized chicken breasts. If they don’t have the same size, some of them will be either undercooked or overcooked. I used 2 chicken breasts that weighed around 1 pound together.
- Preheat your air fryer. Otherwise, the cook time may not be correct or the chicken breasts won’t cook as evenly.
- Adjust the cook time as needed. I would definitely recommend using a meat thermometer to check when the chicken breasts are perfect as the results can vary with your specific air fryer model and the chicken breast size. You want the internal temperature of the chicken breasts to be slightly lower than 165 °F as they continue to cook after being removed from the air fryer. I use a Cosori air fryer and 20 minutes are always perfect for me.
If you want to switch up the flavor of these chicken breasts, you may want to check out the following ideas.
- Dried herbs: If you love herbed chicken breasts, then add some dried rosemary, dried thyme, herbes de Provence, Italian seasoning, or any other seasoning you like! You can also lower the amount of paprika powder you use.
- Spicy: If you prefer something spicier, you can add more cayenne pepper or other types of chili powder. It’s another delicious way to add a little extra flavor to the chicken breasts.
- Mexican-style: Whenever I want to serve the chicken breasts as part of a bowl, I’ll use some additional ground cumin, ground coriander, or chili powder. I’ll usually serve the Mexican-style chicken breasts with some rice and my favorite black bean and corn salad.
How to serve air fryer chicken breasts
- Roasted potatoes: If you have some space in the air fryer basket, you can prepare roasted potato wedges alongside the chicken breasts. You could also use the oven to make super delicious crispy smashed potatoes.
- Rice: One of my go-to sides is cooked rice whenever I don’t have a lot of time. It’s super quick to make and tastes delicious.
- Side salad: You could also make a delicious side salad like black bean and corn salad, white bean salad, Turkish shepherd’s salad, or dill potato salad.
- Roasted vegetables: Another option is roasting vegetables in the oven or the air fryer. Carrots, zucchinis, bell peppers, onions, and so many other vegetables taste great when they are roasted!
- Dip: One of my favorite dips is delicious tzatziki! You can either use store-bought tzatziki or make it at home. It goes super well with the chicken breasts. Just check out these Greek-style chicken bowls for a homemade tzatziki recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
I highly recommend using 375 °F (190 °C) to cook chicken breasts in the air fryer! The chicken breasts are perfectly browned on the outside and super juicy on the inside.
This is a little tricky to answer, as the exact cook time depends on the chicken breast size and your air fryer. In the Cosori air fryer, it takes 20 minutes for medium-sized chicken breasts. It’s best to use a meat thermometer to find out the perfect time for you. You can then remove the chicken breasts at about 162 °F and serve them once they have reached an internal temperature of 165 °F.
You can store the chicken breasts in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer.
More delicious and easy chicken recipes
If you love chicken dishes, I highly recommend checking out the following recipes. They are super simple and very delicious.
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Greek-Style Chicken Bowls
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Gochujang Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 1 air fryer
- 1 pound chicken breast (2 big or 3 small chicken breasts) boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 °F (190 °C).
- In the meantime, place the chicken breasts in a bowl. Add the olive oil and seasoning. Then toss until evenly covered.1 pound chicken breast (2 big or 3 small chicken breasts), 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and air fry for around 20 minutes. The internal temperature should be between 160 °F and 165°F when you remove the chicken breasts.
- Let the chicken breasts rest shortly, then serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply