This avocado lime dressing is a healthy dressing that is perfect for making delicious salads, bowls, sandwiches, and wraps. It is creamy, tangy, refreshing, and simply amazing! Plus, you only need 5 minutes to prepare this dressing.
Avocados are simply perfect for making creamy dips, sauces, and dressings. You can even use them to make delicious desserts like chocolate avocado pudding! Their creamy consistency, neutral flavor, and nutritional benefits make them an amazing ingredient for a variety of recipes.
And this time, we’ll use them to make a delicious and healthy avocado lime dressing! The dressing is super easy to make, tastes great, and is a tasty and healthy alternative to packaged dressings. It is tangy, refreshing, and super creamy. So if you love to use avocados as much as I do, then definitely try this dressing!
To make this avocado lime dressing, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Avocado: Use regular ripe avocados to make the dressing.
- Lime: Lime juice gives the dressing its lemony flavor.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt makes the dressing creamier. Substitute with vegan yogurt of choice to make a vegan avocado lime dressing.
- Garlic: I like to add garlic as it adds flavor, but you can skip it if you don’t like it. Or add more if you are a huge fan.
- Cilantro: Cilantro makes the dressing taste super fresh and delicious. If you don’t like it, just skip it. The dressing will still turn out great!
- Olive oil: Olive oil is an amazing ingredient for making dressings. It is super healthy, tastes great, and makes this avocado lime dressing creamy.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup balances the acidity of the lime juice, so definitely add it to your dressing!
How to make this avocado lime dressing
Making this dressing is incredibly easy! Just follow these steps.
- Blend: Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend.
- Adjust consistency and flavor: While blending, slowly add water until the dressing has the perfect consistency. Adjust the flavor of the dressing by adding more garlic, cilantro, lime juice, or salt and pepper as needed.
The version you’ll find in the recipe box below is the classic avocado lime dressing I often make. But sometimes I like to switch up its flavor. Here are some ideas if you feel like changing the dressing a bit.
- Ground cumin: Ground cumin has a wonderful earthy taste and goes super well with avocados. It is a common ingredient in Mexican cooking and I sometimes love to add a tiny bit of it to this dressing.
- Red pepper flakes: Red pepper flakes are one of my most used spices! They just make everything taste a lot better. So if you want to add a little bit of spice, use red pepper flakes in this dressing.
How to use the avocado lime dressing
I usually make several servings of this avocado lime dressing and then use it for creating different dishes. Here are some of my favorite ways to use it.
- Bowl: I love taco bowls and this avocado lime dressing is the perfect addition to make everything more juicy and flavorful. Simply drizzle it over your favorite bowls!
- Salad: Salads are another great option for using the dressing. I love to make a falafel salad or chicken salad with this dressing. It just tastes great!
- Wrap: You could also use the dressing to make wraps. I like to use it as sour cream and avocado hybrid as I feel like it’s a great substitute for both!
- Sandwich: And if you are a sandwich person, you can use the avocado lime dressing as a mayo substitute.
You can store the dressing for 3-4 days in your refrigerator. If you want to prepare a few extra servings for meal prep, I recommend reserving part of the dressing before adding the garlic. Otherwise, the taste of the garlic can become a bit overwhelming when you store the dressing for several days in your refrigerator.
More delicious avocado recipes
If you love avocados as much as I do, then definitely try one of the following recipes. They are all super delicious and very easy!
Avocado Lime Dressing
- Food processor
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove peeled, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- ½ – 1 lime juiced, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- water to thin the dressing
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend.
- While blending, slowly add the water to the dressing and blend until the dressing is creamy. Add more lime juice, salt, and pepper as needed.
- Variations: You can change the flavor of this dressing by adding ground cumin or red pepper flakes. Feel free to add more garlic or lime juice according to your taste. And if you don’t like cilantro, just skip it.