This vegan fettuccine Alfredo is super delicious and very easy to make. It tastes just as amazing as the traditional version but is actually healthy and dairy-free. Trust me, it’s so good that most people would never believe it’s vegan!
This vegan fettuccine Alfredo recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I feel like having pasta with a creamy sauce. I just love that it is healthy, easy to make, and most importantly delicious! I am not even vegan and I can’t get enough of this recipe. Because it just tastes THAT good. So definitely give it a try!
To make this vegan fettuccine Alfredo, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Fettuccine: Use fettuccine or any other type of pasta to make this dish.
- Vegetables: I used mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and baby spinach to create this recipe. But you can absolutely choose other vegetables. Other favorites are zucchini, frozen peas, or asparagus.
- Vegan Alfredo sauce: For the vegan cashew Alfredo sauce you’ll need raw cashews, water or vegan milk, garlic, onion, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Just make sure you don’t skip any of these ingredients as they are all super important to make a delicious vegan Alfredo sauce!
How to make vegan fettuccine Alfredo
This dish is super easy to prepare which makes it perfect for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner! Just follow these steps:
- Make the sauce: The sauce is super easy to make! You basically just add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until it’s creamy. You can find detailed instructions in this vegan Alfredo sauce recipe.
- Cook the pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and reserve some of the pasta water before draining.
- Sauté the vegetables: Sauté the vegetables in a pan with some olive oil over medium heat. Start with the vegetables that take the longest to cook. If you use mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, start with the mushrooms. Then add the cherry tomatoes and sauté until they start to soften.
- Add the sauce: Next, add the sauce to the pan and add more vegan milk and pasta water as needed.
- Stir in the pasta and baby spinach: Now stir in the pasta and baby spinach. Toss until everything is covered with sauce. Season with more salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!
The recipe is super easy and simple, but here are some tips to make sure it turns out perfectly.
- Add pasta water: I always add some pasta water to all of my pasta dishes as it adds flavor to the sauce and makes it cling to the pasta. So reserve some of it before you drain the pasta water.
- Adjust the amount of liquid: As the sauce usually starts to thicken once it is in the pan, you’ll probably have to add more liquid. I usually add a bit more vegan milk (I love to use almond milk or cashew milk) and some pasta water. Just make sure you adjust everything to your preferences.
There are many ways to switch up the flavor of this vegan fettuccine Alfredo. Here are some of my favorites.
- Zucchini noodles: I love fettuccine Alfredo with zucchini noodles as they pair perfectly with creamy sauces! Just spiralize some zucchinis and add them to the sauce. It’s so delicious!
- Add fresh herbs: Another delicious way to switch up the flavor of this dish is to add fresh herbs like parsley or basil. It’s super easy and delicious.
- Make it spicy: If you love spicy foods, try adding a chile pepper to this dish. It tastes amazing!
- Add lemon zest and juice: And if you love tangy sauces and dressing, add some lemon zest and lemon juice to this dish. It’s super good!
More delicious vegan dinner recipes
If you need more easy dinner recipes that are vegan, check out the following recipes. They are all super simple, easy, and delicious!
- Curried Vegetable Couscous
- Soba Noodle Salad
- Vegan Fried Rice
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Lentil Potato Soup
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- 4 ounces fettuccine or another (gluten-free) pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup vegan cashew Alfredo sauce
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Prepare the vegan Alfredo sauce according to the recipe instructions.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and reserve some of the pasta water before draining.
- Preheat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. First, sauté the mushrooms. Then, add the cherry tomatoes and sauté shortly until they start to soften.
- Pour the vegan Alfredo sauce into the pan. Add pasta water and/or vegan milk as needed.
- Stir in the baby spinach and the cooked fettuccine. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
- Gluten-free: Use any type of gluten-free pasta or zucchini noodles to make this dish gluten-free.
- Add pasta water to the sauce: I recommend adding some starchy pasta water to the sauce as it helps to make the sauce cling to the pasta and adds flavor.