This vegan fried rice recipe is perfect for making a quick and delicious dinner with your favorite vegetables and leftover rice. It is super simple and easy, but trust me, it has tons of flavor and can definitely keep up with your favorite take-out!
I love to make this vegan fried rice for dinner whenever I have leftover rice in the refrigerator. It’s super effortless, but always turns out very delicious! And even if you don’t have leftover rice, you can still make this recipe. Because sometimes you just crave a comforting bowl of fried rice. And you should definitely get it!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this super easy vegan fried rice.
- Leftover rice: To make the perfect fried rice, use leftover basmati or jasmine rice. Freshly cooked rice usually ends up clumpy and soggy, so I’d recommend using cold leftover rice. Alternatively, you could cook rice and let it cool in your refrigerator or freezer until it is cold.
- Vegetables: Carrots, frozen peas, red bell pepper, and spring onion are a classic combination for making fried rice. So try these to make this delicious dish!
- Aromatics: You cannot make fried rice without adding ginger, garlic, and yellow onion! They make this vegan fried rice super flavorful and tasty.
- Sauce: All you need is soy sauce and sriracha (or garlic chili sauce) to make delicious fried rice.
How to make vegan fried rice
As promised, this recipe is super easy and simple. Just follow these steps:
- Sauté the aromatics: Preheat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Then sauté the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Add the carrot and bell pepper: Next, add the carrot and red bell pepper and sauté until they start to soften.
- Stir in the rice, peas, and sauce: Stir in the rice and peas. Add the soy sauce, sriracha, and black pepper. Then toss everything until the fried rice is coated with the sauce.
- Add spring onion: The final step is adding the spring onion and tossing everything. Serve and enjoy!
Here are some ideas to modify the recipe to your taste or dietary needs:
- Spice level: The sriracha adds a little bit of spice to this vegan fried rice, but I wouldn’t call this dish spicy or hot. I think it’s perfect for most people! And if you love spicy foods, I would recommend adding a chile pepper to this dish. It just adds to the taste and makes everything more delicious!
- Add protein: I love to add tofu to this dish! Just stir fry it in a pan with some soy sauce and serve it over this fried rice.
- Gluten-free: And if you want to make this dish gluten-free, substitute soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos.
More easy vegan dinner recipes
I love to create recipes that are super simple and delicious! Here are some of my favorite vegan recipes that are easy to whip up.
Vegan Fried Rice
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ yellow onion finely diced
- 1 carrot diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice cooled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce alternatives: tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2 spring onions sliced
- Preheat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and onion until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrot and red bell pepper to the pan. Sauté until they start to soften.
- Next, add the cooked rice and frozen peas. Stir everything. Then add the soy sauce, sriracha, and black pepper. Toss until everything is covered with the sauce.
- Stir in the spring onion and serve.
- Gluten-free: Use tamari or coconut aminos to make this dish gluten-free.
- Add protein: I love to add tofu to this fried rice. Simply sear the tofu in a pan until golden and add it to the fried rice.
- Make it spicy: If you love spicy foods, add a chile pepper! I love to make this fried rice a bit spicier to give it more flavor.