This creamy carrot potato soup is a very quick and easy soup recipe that is perfect for all of my lazy cooks out there! It is one of the recipes I love to make when I feel too tired to cook, but still want a delicious and warming meal. Here are a few other things I love about this carrot potato soup recipe: it has tons of flavor, it can be stored in the freezer, it can be served as a starter or main dish AND it is super healthy. This really is a healthy and yummy low effort recipe that will satisfy all of your soup cravings!
One of the things I love about this soup that most of the ingredients are so basic, I bet you have them in your refrigerator right now. Here is what you need to make this super delicious carrot potato soup:
- Vegetable stock
- Oil or butter (optional)
And that’s it! You really only need these five ingredients to make a delicious and warming soup that everyone is going to love.
How to make a creamy carrot potato soup
If you have tried some of my recipes, then you know that I am all about easy recipes. There is no need to be in the kitchen for hours just to have a healthy and satisfying meal. And this recipe is no exception. It actually is one of the easiest recipes ever! Here is what you need to do to make this creamy carrot potato soup:
- Prepare the vegetables: Simply wash, peel and chop the vegetables. Add them all to a pot, then add the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Simmer: Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend: Check if the vegetables are soft enough and then blend the soup using an immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I would highly recommend making a larger batch of this soup and then freezing the leftovers! This is what I do, and let me tell you: it is amazing to always have some soup in the freezer that is ready to be eaten whenever you want a warming bowl of deliciousness that gives you all the cozy vibes.
How to serve the soup
- Main dish or starter: This soup is really versatile. You can serve it as a starter or enjoy it as a main dish with some bread. You could also garnish it with some pumpkin seeds (I do that with most of my soups, no need to save the pumpkin seeds for your pumpkin soup!).
- Add some oil: When I serve this soup, I love to add some oil to it. I either use some olive oil or pumpkin seed oil. The reason is that beta-carotene, the component that gives carrots its orange color and is converted to vitamin A, is a lot better absorbed when combined with fat. Just remember this trick the next time you cook carrots.
As I mentioned in the beginning, I love to make a large batch of this soup as it can be stored in the freezer very easily. Here are your options for storing this healthy and delicious carrot potato soup:
- Refrigerator: The soup can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezer: The soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
More soup recipes
Here are some more soup recipes you might love. They are all very quick, easy and super delish:
Creamy Carrot Potato Soup
- Immersion blender
- 1.1 lb carrots cut into cubes
- 0.8 lb potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 onions diced
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock alternatively water
- optional: oil or butter
- salt & pepper
- Chop all vegetables and add them with the other ingredients to a pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil, cover the pot with the lid and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
- I love to add some oil or butter to the soup for better beta-carotene absorption. Just add it while cooking or serving the soup.