This healthy chicken broccoli Alfredo recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! It is made with a healthy vegan cashew Alfredo sauce that is much lighter and healthier than the classic version, but just as delicious!
This healthy chicken broccoli Alfredo recipe combines delicious pasta with crisp broccoli florets, seared chicken breast, and an amazing vegan cashew Alfredo sauce. It is super quick and easy to prepare which makes it perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner. Topped with grated parmesan and fresh parsley, this dairy-free chicken broccoli Alfredo will be loved by everyone!
To make this healthy chicken broccoli Alfredo, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Pasta. You can use any kind of pasta for this dish! I love whole-wheat fettuccine or rotini, but you can go with whatever type and shape of pasta you love.
- Broccoli florets. I used fresh broccoli and cut it into florets for this recipe.
- Chicken breast. Chicken breast is another key ingredient in this recipe.
- Homemade vegan cashew Alfredo sauce. I prefer a vegan Alfredo sauce to regular Alfredo sauce as it is much lighter and healthier. Plus, it tastes amazing! You absolutely have to give it a try!
- Parmesan cheese and parsley (optional). These two ingredients are optional, but I love to add them to the dish as they taste great and add flavor.
How to make healthy chicken broccoli Alfredo
This healthy chicken broccoli Alfredo recipe is a favorite for dinner as it is super quick and easy to make. Simply follow these steps:
- Make the sauce. The vegan Alfredo sauce is super easy to make. Add all ingredients for the sauce to a blender and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
- Cook the pasta and broccoli. Cook the pasta according to the package instruction. Add the broccoli florets to the same pot as the pasta 3 minutes before the pasta’s cook time ends. Drain and set aside.
- Sear the chicken. Preheat avocado oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then sear the chicken from both sides until it is golden and cooked through.
- Combine the ingredients. Now you can combine all ingredients. Add the pasta and broccoli florets to the pan and toss until everything is combined. Garnish and serve!
Ways to serve this chicken broccoli pasta Alfredo
This chicken Alfredo pasta can be enjoyed as it is, but you can easily upgrade it by garnishing it and serving a delicious salad on the side.
- Salad: I love to serve this Lemon Arugula Salad with pasta. It tastes great and is super easy to make.
- Garnish: I love parsley and parmesan cheese to garnish this dish. These two ingredients make this chicken broccoli Alfredo extra special and delish.
You can easily modify this recipe if needed. Here are some ideas for you:
- Vegetables: This recipe is a favorite of mine for using any leftover vegetables! I regularly add mushrooms, zucchini, or baby spinach. They taste great with the sauce, chicken, and pasta. Plus, it makes the recipe healthier and you don’t waste any food. So feel free to add whatever you have left in your refrigerator!
- Vegan and vegetarian: To make this dish vegan and vegetarian, skip the chicken breast (and add more vegetables).
- Gluten-free: If you want to make a gluten-free version of this healthy chicken broccoli Alfredo, simply use your favorite gluten-free pasta!
More healthy and delicious pasta recipes
Pasta recipes are amazing! They taste great, can be super healthy, and are very easy to prepare. If you love them as much as I do, I highly recommend trying one of the following recipes:
- Cashew Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
- Rigatoni Bolognese
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pesto Spaghetti Salad
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Healthy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups vegan cashew Alfredo sauce more to taste
- parmesan cheese and parsley (optional) for garnish
- Prepare the sauce according to the instructions in the recipe.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Add the broccoli florets to the same pot 3 minutes before the pasta's cook time ends. Then drain and set aside.
- Preheat avocado oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Sear the chicken pieces from both sides until they are cooked through, flipping them only once. This should take around 5-8 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan. If you need to thin it, add water until the sauce has the right consistency. Add the broccoli florets and pasta to the pan. Stir and check if you need to add more salt and pepper. Garnish (optional) and enjoy!
- Toppings: Feel free to add toppings, like grated parmesan cheese or chopped parsley.
- Sauce: Don't forget to soak the cashews in water so they blend easily.